Fund & Mandate Data Manager
By taking on the role of Fund Master Manager you'll play a vital part in our vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings & investment business. We need everyone to step up to their full potential at this exciting time for our business. So if you're inspired by the opportunity, and if you have the necessary qualities, then we urge you to apply. The Role:
The Fund Master
team within Client Reporting and Fund Data Services
is responsible for the oversight, support and management of fund mandate and reference data on all M&G Prudential funds. This data is critical to the effective, accurate and timely production and maintenance of cross business functions including investment, distribution, regulatory and client reporting, performance analysis and other fund related systems and processes.
The Fund Master
team is committed to the delivery of high standard, consistent and timely fund data that meets regulatory, client and business requirements.
The role of Fund Master Manager
forms part of a focused specialised team that manages the oversight of fund mandate and reference data for the business. Key Responsibilities:
You will have:
- Provide focused knowledge for the full content and processes of the fund master database
- Proactively maintain excellent relationships with all key stakeholders of the Fund Master data and process
- Be proactively engaged in the pipeline management and communication process for new client on-boarding and fund/share class launches to ensure fund mandate and reference data is considered and collated.
- Champion and robustly challenge stakeholders to ensure quality and structure of data for the Fund Master is upheld and delivered business benefits and quality standards required.
- Manage the Fund Master to ensure complete, accurate and timely fund mandate and reference data is available to the business at all times.
- Provide effective analysis and escalation of issues and manage them to successful resolutions
- Proactively engage with the key business areas and manage the early capture of requirements impacting new or existing reporting outputs.
- Perform analysis and build understanding of business problems, with clearly articulated documentation, to support investigations and discovery phases of projects, feeding into the construction of business cases and delivery plans
- Maintain a clear understanding of existing systems architecture, business processes and data usage working with business and ensure these are documented through an effective operating model
- Manage change implementation to fund master data including planning, costs and delivery tracking
- Manage and maintain excellent relationship with platform vendor (Atlas) for successful service delivery
- Define and manage the control model to ensure data is maintained to highest level of accuracy and consistency and are delivered in a timely manner in line with business expectations.
- Manage projects as required and be part of larger projects within the business
- Adopt a flexible approach to business analysis working with Agile project methodologies where possible
This role requires evidenced high-level knowledge of all mandate type and funds across multiple asset classes within an asset management. The individual should understand the detail and complexities associated with funds, including portfolio structures, investment life cycle, on-boarding, fund reference and operational data, regulatory, performance and client reporting impacts.
This role is ideally suited to someone who can demonstrate:
- Strong and detailed product and fund master understanding
- Extensive experience of operations and distribution processes within a UK asset management experience.
- Strong process and operating model knowledge including re-engineering and control model solutions.
- Proactive and delivery focussed with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a professional manner
- Proactive and Agile approach to work with previous experience of working on projects
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships within the team and across the business.
- Capable of facilitating medium to large sized workshops and meetings with stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables reacting positively under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Have a genuine interest in fund data with a desire to continually expand their knowledge and understanding of the challenges and developments impacting distribution & technology capabilities in the Asset Management industry.
- Investment administration, performance and risk experience an advantage
- Previous experience within a Business Analyst role is beneficial
- Degree (relevant subject) educated preferred
- Proficient in the MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.