Governance and Finance Planning Manager
Governance and Finance Planning Manager Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Governance and Finance Planning Manager to join HSBC Technology. Brief overview of the business areas
This role is accountable to the Head of Finance Governance IT.
HSBC's Global IT Organisation (circa 40,000 FTE, $5bn costs) is one of the largest technology functions globally. Ensuring IT has the appropriate budgetary controls, processes and cost analysis processes is critical to its effectiveness and ability to maintain its position as a market leader.
The purpose of this role is to own critical elements of all the IT budgetary and detailed cost analytics process performed within the IT COO and Global Business Management areas. This includes ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of key budgetary processes and systems upon which the function relies upon. Where required the role holder will need to identify and implement process or system improvements.
The scope of the role encompasses all technology related costs within the Global Businesses / Global Functions. What you will be doing;
Your responsibilities will include: Cost Management
- Support IT COO and Head of Business Management on Technology financial management. This includes direct costs and charges to the business.
- Responsible for performing regular reviews of resource costs that are used for internal planning, analytics and management information (MI).
- Oversee and manage timely production of regular and ad hoc management information reports.
- Produce analytical commentary for various audiences and contribute to other management reports as required.
- Quarterly Finance submissions.
- Manage the Technology Change Control process. This includes obtaining sign-offs as well as ensuring ratification at the relevant governance forums.
- Play a key role in the Technology Annual Operating Plan process by managing the overall governance process, set annual targets and provide communication to key stakeholders.
- Ensure effective governance in place for budgetary process.
- Implementing new changes and process improvements
- Ensure that all implemented processes fully align with required policies, procedures, standards and consistent processes and that there is full 'buy in' from Finance and GBGF COOs
Qualifications What you will bring to the role;
- Manage key relationships with partner functions (HR, Finance, Property)
- Stakeholder management - regional IT COOs and GB / GF COOs, internal IT stakeholders
Range of in scope projects will adapt over time subject to business and functional demands, but would include projects associated with End to End budgetary process, spend analysis of RTB, CTB and above all ensuring that outcomes are embedded into BAU governance, processes and outputs.
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Expertise and knowledge in relation to the Global IT Function and the services that the IT COO function provides
- Demonstrated business knowledge, ideally experience of working within a complex global business unit
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology development and infrastructure and how this can be used to meet business needs
- To have held a senior leadership position, ideally within a global banking environment
- Ideally to have both front and back office experience within a global banking environment
- Financial and accounting acumen (Accountancy Qualifications)
- Ability to manage and mitigate operational risk effectively
- Experience of managing within a complex matrix environment
- Experience working across cultures
- Understanding of the HSBC Group and its strategy, structures and processes
- Knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitor and market
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.