Hands-on Java Team Lead - Trade Execution
One of the world's largest hedge funds, this is an excellent opportunity to join one of the most prestigious technology teams in systematic trading in a hands-on lead role.
The engineering team works exceptionally closely with the trading and research teams, building the tools, platforms and algorithms that drive the centralised global trading operation. The Role
You can expect a range of work, from building new execution algorithms and platforms, to tools for manual traders and monitoring capability, through to post-trade performance analysis and optimising software for all aspects of the trading lifecycle.
The majority of the company's systems run on Linux and most code is written in Java, with some Python and TypeScript.
You will ideally have an understanding of the financial markets with electronic trading experience, and will need to rapidly understand business requirements to build robust solutions. Key Skills
- Expert software developer in Java, with Python skills a significant advantage
- Excellent database / SQL skills - ideally Oracle
- Exceptional communication skills are essential
- Proponent of strong software engineering techniques and agile methods: continuous integration, code review, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches
- Degree with high mathematical and computing content - Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, etc. - from a top university
- Experience with FIX is a significant advantage
- Competitive salary + generous bonuses
- Extra perks including a personal development allowance and daily lunch
- Central London office with a very smart, friendly tech team
- Regular social events and trips abroad
If you feel you are a strong candidate for the role and would like further info, please contact: Sam Forrest
020 3475 5014