- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Head of Enterprise (PMO)
Head of Enterprise (PMO)Team Overview
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that is managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we have grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
We require an individual with extensive leadership experience in project & portfolio management to manage the Schroders Enterprise PMO Team. Proven expertise will be required in running, or establishing a group PMO function whilst maintaining and building upon the current set of Change tools, processes and artefacts across the Enterprise.
• Ownership of project / programme frameworks, standards, processes, artefacts and systems to run an Enterprise project bi-modal framework (both Waterfall & SAFe Agile)
• Ownership of reporting and escalating compliance to the Group Project Policy to senior leadership
• Line Management of small Enterprise PMO team esources (9 individuals globally)
• Maturing and refining the current Enterprise Change processes & artefacts whilst introducing improved best practices across new project knowledge areas (eg Capacity Optimisation, Project Estimating etc.)
• Ownership of the Terms of Reference for Change Governance, with accountability on running the Technology Change Board (Chaired by Group CTO / CIO).
• Ownership, maintenance and training of the Group PPM Tools (both SaaS and "in house").
• Ownership of project & program reporting and "core" governance MI.
• Hands-on with a positive "can-do" attitude
• Responsible for planning own workload and working with autonomy, typically against a backdrop of changing priorities and / or external events
• Pragmatic thinker and ability to influence senior stakeholders across a matrixed managed organisation.
• A good team player, building strong relationships within and across other teams
• Must have 3 + years experience of managing a PMO department including change processes, artefacts and systems, preferably within an Enterprise / Group setting.
• Must have had strong experience as a senior project / program manager preferably with both Waterfall and Agile delivery teams
• Must have had experience managing a Group PMO department of a similar size or larger (> 150 projects)
• Experience with Scaled Agile (SAFe) highly desirable.
• Great presentation skills
• Experience of the financial aspects of managing a portfolio of projects, including cross-charging between projects, teams and business areas.
• Understanding of established project management lifecycles, methodologies, governance and frameworks
• Good stakeholder engagement and management skills with the ability to present factual information to individuals or groups in a structured, clear, confident and concise way.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.