Head of Finance Ad A growing start-up is looking to hire a part-time finance professional to join their firm.
A growing start-up is looking to hire a part-time finance professional to join their firm.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join as the sole in-house finance hire where you will be taking core responsibilities in building up the finance function. You will be acting as a business partner, working directly with the CEO and founding shareholders, to implement new analyses to improve key metrics and company strategy.
Your role, will be pivotal as the go-to individual, for all financial queries and providing leadership in corporate and administration matters. In this diverse all-encompassing role you will be involved management accounts, statutory accounts, VAT, budgeting and forecasting. Specifically, you will be:
- Managing transactional data entry on the QuickBooks accounting system
- Processing and managing purchase invoices and expenses, managing the payment approval cycle
- Managing the outsourced payroll and pension function producing monthly departmental journals
- Preparing schedules for accruals and prepayments and their journals
- Performing bank and all balance sheet control account reconciliations
- Quarterly VAT returns to HMRC
- Working with third party suppliers to meet the reporting requirements of the Irish domiciled fund
- Monitoring management accounts against budget and cash flow forecasting for CEO and shareholder review
- Present accurate information for the owners and investors on a regular basis
- Support the CEO on future investment rounds
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Oversight of the corporate audit process
The ideal candidate will be:
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA preferred)
- Experience in Asset Management or similar required
- Strong management and statutory reporting experience
- Financial analysis, budgeting and some strategic planning experience
- Experience in business partnering with senior stakeholders
- Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms
- Ability to design and implement robust, practical and sustainable internal policies and controls relating to both finance and the wider business
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- Financial modelling experience is desirable
This is a great option for any ambitious individual to join growing business as they embark on the next exciting stage of their journey.
Remuneration will be in the region of £90,000-£95,000 with a discretionary bonus and full benefits package.