Head of Visual Quality Analysis, Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content. In addition to video on demand, we recently started broadcasting live and linear events at scale. These include but are not limited to Thursday Night Football (TNF), English Premier League (EPL), Major League Baseball (MLB) and Tennis (ATP & WTA). Visual Quality Analysis (VQA) team in Prime Video obsesses over teaching computers to watch video and detect audio and video anomalies so that humans don't have to.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Development Manager to lead the development and deployment of scalable, automated, on-device video quality analysis system. We operate at Amazon scale where you will lead your teams to design and deploy software that will benefit millions of customers globally. The ideal candidate is passionate about leading and building strong software engineering teams. You are equally obsessed about delivering the best possible customer experiences. You lead the team in defining software architecture. You define and drive key performance and quality metrics for your team. You communicate effectively with engineers, partners, leaders and a broad set of stakeholders.
Customers love Prime Video and we have a great opportunity to innovate on behalf of our customers. Your ability to make an impact will be directly related to how big your vision is for the team! BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Experience as a manager of managers and technical experience as software developer, software development manager, technical program manager, or related role
• A proven track record of software delivery through all phases of development
• A proven track record of hiring and developing software engineers, managers and build high performance teams
• Ability to communicate effectively to team members, stakeholders and leadership teams, both verbally and in writing. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building and delivering large scale, successful software products.
• Knowledge and skills in Computer Vision is preferred.
• Knowledge and skills in Machine Learning is preferred.
• Media experience is preferred.