IFS - Deep learning & AI Data Scientist - Senior Associate
PwC is a leading professional services firm, with business units working across areas such as Assurance, Consulting, Deals and Tax.
Our Artificial Intelligence team is at the heart of PwC's technology strategy. We do this by transforming our business as well as our clients' businesses using AI technologies. The team offers the unique ability to
Create new ways of doing business - Our team supports PwC's business units by identifying opportunities to enrich existing or create new offerings with technology. For example, we developed a health care proposition that improves clinical outcomes by applying machine learning techniques to large amounts of unstructured data from NHS trusts
Lead industry - We perform studies across areas such as Responsible Gambling, Climate Change Risk and Artificial Intelligence standards The results of these studies are used internally and for our clients in order to effect meaningful change backed by rigorous scientific investigation.
Deliver large scale change - Using the latest technologies, we were able to use artificial intelligence to optimise resource allocation within our UK workforce. We do this by utilising our internal data assets in order to identify optimal, fair outcomes and measure the impact of this system. Main Duties
- Employ NLP (Deep Learning research for solving business problems, disrupting the current practice.
- Build and refine algorithm that can find useful patterns in large data sets, text, conversation and numerical data.
- Provide business with new ideas as well as data driven insights and strategies.
- Communicate effective with data scientist team and more senior managers (written and oral) , be able to engage with Client.
- Inspire and mentor more junior data scientists and research interns.
- Core scientific research and development in NLP, Artificial intelligent, deep learning and numerical analysis
- Collaborate with rest of data scientist team with specific project and for specific products.
- Advance degree in numeric discipline (eg.Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering Computer science, Control, Mechanics, Electronics )/ preferably PhD
- Post-doc or commercial expertise in applied science, engineering
- Scientific expertise Strong track record and real world experience in ML, Simulation and numerical Analysis.
- Experience in hyper-parameter tuning, deep learning architecture design (CNN, RNN/LSTM/GRU. Familiar with recent DNN method in NLP (Hierarchical Attention Mechanism, Multitask learning), familiar with recent Neural word Embedding methods.
- Keen to learn more in deep learning and text analytics
- Expertise in programming (Python, C++)
- Ability to use existence ML and deep learning libraries in python (scikit-learn, Tensroflow, Theano, Keras
- Familiar with Embedding methods( Word2Vec, GloVe, BERT)
- Experience with data and platform aspects of projects
- Publication record in top journals and conferences
- Experience of working with engineering and design/ product team
- Experience / familiarities working with cloud services (GC or Azure) / (data handling, using VM-GPU, python development)
- The ability to engage with business stakeholders with excellent oral and written commination skills.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them. The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity