Indirect Tax Representative - London
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
The Bloomberg indirect tax team is part of our Global Accounting operations. We are responsible for ensuring Bloomberg's files accurate and timely VAT/GST returns and other statistical returns for countries within the EMEA and APAC region. These returns are prepared and submitted either in-house or through advisors and local book keepers (LBK) that act on behalf of Bloomberg.
In addition to VAT compliance, the team is also responsible for (i) ensuring Bloomberg satisfies any requirements based on emerging country VAT developments; (ii) providing indirect tax support to other parts of the business; (iii) getting involved with indirect tax process/systems projects; and (iii) balancing the VAT/GST accounts.
What's the Role?
You will be part of a collaborative and dynamic team, reporting directly to a regional team leader. Your primary responsibility will be to prepare VAT/GST returns and other statistical reports for a number of countries and work with the LBK in the preparation and submission of timely returns. You will also work on operational indirect tax projects that will improve the quality of source data and reporting efficiency and provide indirect tax assistance and support to the wider business.
We'll trust you to:
- Prepare VAT/GST returns and related VAT/GST compliance filings for Bloomberg's operations across multiple jurisdictions. Duties will include extracting and reconciling relevant data from financial reporting systems, liaising with colleagues in tax and finance teams and other parts of the business and preparing draft VAT/GST return calculations;
- Prepare periodic (monthly/quarterly/annual) indirect tax financial reporting, forecasting and reconciliations, which involves extracting and analysing data from relevant systems and reports;
- Work with external advisors to ensure the accurate and timely submission of indirect tax returns and related compliance filings;
- Ensure that all indirect tax filing deadlines are met in compliance with the tax calendar;
- Conduct research on EMEA related queries and assist with responding to indirect tax related queries from other parts of the business;
- Monitor and implement any country VAT/GST rate and rule changes specific to Bloomberg's business in addition to any VAT implementation developments; and
- Assist with other tax related project work such as implementing VAT process change, maintaining the tax calendar, and other tax related projects as appropriate and subject to capacity.
You'll need to have:
- Indirect tax compliance experience, preferably in-house with a large multi-national corporation or an Indirect Tax compliance function within a professional services firm.
- Experience using financial reporting systems and proficiency in Microsoft Excel to extract analyse and reconcile data.
- Sound knowledge of EMEA VAT/GST legislation.
- Ability to prioritise high volume of activities and tasks to meet deadlines.
We'd Love to See:
- Results orientated individuals
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- A Great teammate
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.