Internal Audit - ICG Regulatory - Senior Auditor - AVP
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19022973
Senior Auditor - AVP
Competitive Salary Offered Department Overview:
Internal Audit (IA) is a global organization of over 1800 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 160 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. IA is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide to drive positive change and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe. Team/Position Overview:
This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
This position is for a C12 Senior Auditor within the ICG Regulatory Initiatives and Centralized Markets team, reporting to the C14 Senior Audit Manager. The Senior Auditor will contribute to the execution of the overall audit process.
The role is integral component of the audit delivery in response to Regulatory changes, including Dodd Frank / Volcker / MiFID II. The Financial Crisis has led to an unprecedented level of regulatory reform. Much of the legislation and subsequent rule making will have a significant impact on Citi's global businesses and frequently specifically mandates Internal Audit coverage. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
- Demonstrates strong judgement, political astuteness and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Contributes to the development of audit processes improvements.
- Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
- Performs moderately complex audits related to Investment Banking, technology management; project/program management; or supplier management in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions.
- Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
- Provides coaching to team members in all phases of the audit process.
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
- Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
- Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
- Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing.
What we Offer:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience. Related certifications.
- Intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding global regulations, control disciplines, and a solid business understanding of products associated with the ICG Markets business.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
This is an exciting role within a fast-growing and increasingly important area within IA. The candidate will learn valuable product, technical, and regulatory knowledge as part of their development.
At Citi, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including an on-site restaurant, coffee dock and shop, a subsidised gym and subsidised social clubs and societies.
Citi boasts a large diversity framework and network which encourages inclusion in the workforce as well as participation in a wide variety of initiatives and events. We also pride ourselves on our engagement with the local community from a Corporate Social Responsibility perspective.
Citi offers employees a competitive benefits package as well as extra additional perks such as corporate discounts and memberships.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer Closing Date: 01 July 2019