International Commercial Lender
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
International Commercial LenderSummary:
This credit trained relationship professional provides credit product expertise in support of Northern Trust's Global Custody and Global Fund Services clients. Primary activities consist of managing all aspects of commercial loan products primarily targeted toward collective investment schemes and their sponsors. This includes credit focused relationship management and sales support, credit facility structuring, underwriting, legal negotiation, monitoring and reporting.
Relationship Management/Sales Support
• Serves as the primary client contact point for credit products and internal sponsor for client credit related matters, taking the lead in recommending and organizing appropriate credit actions.
• Communicates credit strategy, credit risk appetites and appropriate credit facility structures to both internal and external clients.
• Participates and when necessary leads client solicitation and presentation meetings.
• Performs credit research and assists with calls on clients and prospects in coordination with custody relationship staff and sales personnel.
• Reviews and negotiate credit legal documentation.
Credit Portfolio/Risk Management
• Assumes primary responsibility for credit risk management aspects of assigned relationships: researches and analyzes pertinent financial and legal details as part of evaluating a client's suitability and or borrower's creditworthiness.
• Demonstrates a high degree of understanding in respect of the credit and operating risks associated with the client relationship: structures credit arrangements to mitigate significant/manageable risks while satisfying client needs.
• Prepares written credit approval requests and presents them to credit approval committees. Reviews, analyses, and monitoring should reflect a risk-based approach to credit.
• Ensure credit requests are handled such that facilities are reviewed at least annually and credit requests are completed in a timely manner.
• Manage individual client exposure levels based on exposure guidelines and client risk profiles in consultation with custody relationship managers to appropriately maximize the risk return relationship.
• Where applicable, understand and track the composition of each syndicated credit bank group and the services provided by each bank.
• Monitor clients for changes in risk and update management on key issues that impact credit quality.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, commercial loan structures and associated legal documentation
• Analytical and communications skills
• Highly detail oriented
• Knowledge of the banking industry - custody knowledge highly beneficial
• International awareness and interest
• Comfortable with legal and regulatory issues
• PC literate - Excel/Word
• 10+ years commercial lending experience. Experience lending to collective investment schemes is desired.
• Formal credit training
• Strong demonstrated analytical and communication skills
• Custody knowledge and familiarity with foreign exchange
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $121 billion in banking assets
- $7.1 trillion in assets under custody
- $8.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.0 trillion in assets under management