Java Developer - Listed Derivatives
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley’s Listed Derivatives Technology team is looking for an experienced Java Developer to join their highly technical team.
Listed Derivatives Technology practice area provides technology to facilitate Listed Derivatives Risk Management, Trade Clearing, Funding, Client Money Protection and Client Reporting using real-time engines that make data available in near real-time. Within Listed Derivatives Technology practice area, Listed Derivatives statements and risk management applications are one of the critical applications in the firm which protects firm from counter party risk. This developer position is to work on Listed Derivative Real Time, Statements and Margin applications.
The team currently uses Java 1.8 as primary programming languages with DB2 for database and Hazelcast as distributed cache. The team is currently working on number of Business, Exchange mandatory and Regulatory ( like MIFID II, EMIR etc ) projects along with renovating the system to scale the application by renovating and moving to cloud to meet the increase in the trading volume and also to become real-time in every aspect. The primary users of these applications are Listed Derivative Clients, Risk Managers, Collateral Management team, Funding team, Client money team and Regulatory reporting team. Team members are currently based in London, Shanghai and Budapest.
- You will be part of the global team and responsible for requirement gathering, designing and implementing solutions and enhancements. The successful candidate will demonstrate deep technical knowledge and excellent communication skills.
- The focus is on solving business problems via technology in a fast changing environment, time to market is critical, but we cannot compromise on quality or performance.
- Work across entire software development lifecycle, requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, deployment, handover to operate teams.
- Enhance the team by demonstrating best practice throughout the software development lifecycle: testing, code review, accurate status reporting, focus on application resilience and operability?
- The role offers great business exposure working directly with key stakeholders to implement technical deliverables and deliver the next generation statements and risk management platforms, working in an innovative forward thinking team at the forefront of technological advancements.
- Strong development experience with Java 1.8
- Exposure to Spring, Hibernate and web technologies is highly desired
- Good development experience with RDBMS
- Good knowledge of multi-threading including the new multi-threading paradigm in Java 8
- Willing to work on different latest technologies and projects
- Good problem solving skills
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.#LI-JM1