Java Software Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 May 19
Job Reference # 193143BR
You'll be working directly with quants teams in London to source and supply market data and reference data from upstream IT systems. A large part of this is supplying data to a new next generation risk platform, building on new UBS cloud strategies, which is gaining traction within the bank. Our job as an IT team is to work closely with them to provision and manage data.
- Good core Java experience (minimum 2 years) with a sound knowledge of object-oriented programming and design patterns. Spring very desirable
- Experience of Linux, Kafka, Git, ideally containers (e.g. Docker)
- Experience in automated testing, continuous integration and working in agile teams
- Business knowledge highly desirable - FX, Rates, Credit products knowledge - risk, PnL and risk based PnL
- Proactive, comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
- Self-starting and have the desire to take ownership of requirements from start to finish
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.