Junior BI Developer
At Octopus we're transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We've built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8 billion on behalf of over 50,000 investors. Our products don't just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Wealth and Octopus Renewables. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we're always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values. Job Description ABOUT THE TEAM:
You will play a key part in transforming Octopus to being a data-driven organization. You have a passion for databases and love finding interesting ways to innovate data development.
You will be responsible for the development of databases and SSIS packages for use in the data warehouse and across business projects. This includes supporting and developing with the data team to on-board new data pipelines from across the business.
You will help move Octopus to the next level in terms of its databases and data warehousing. This will include various database technologies, cloud and on premise and ETL development. ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role sits within the Data Team. We channel data requests and provide innovative and reliable solutions. The data team is responsible for agile planning, requirements gathering, developing, analysing and supporting multi-platform databases. WHY?
- Flexible working hours.
- Exceptionally diverse/multinational team.
- Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits.
- Relaxed, creative environment.
- Stunning office.
- Experience as a database and ETL developer.
- Experience with Performance Tuning.
- Experience in Python
- Technically proficient, especially SQL Server 2008 onwards.
- Knowledge with T-SQL SQL scripting & debugging (stored procedures, user functions etc.).
- Knowledge of SSIS development.
- Financial Services Investment Management industry experience preferred.
- Must have aptitude and willingness to learn new software and technologies.
- Some level of knowledge in cloud technologies desirable