- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
See job description for details
Join us as a Lead iOS Engineer in London
- Lead a team of developers and set the technical direction for the delivery of applications and solutions for our Personal & Business Banking franchise
- Work with the latest technologies and hone your leadership talents in a collaborative, agile and forward thinking team environment
- Develop your project expertise, as you work with senior stakeholders to deliver technical solutions which will play a key role in the future of our business and how we serve our customers
- It's a rare opportunity to be involved from the very early days of a project right through to delivery to the customer
- The role is based in London, with some travel to Edinburgh likely to feature
What you'll do
You'll join a team who are delivering a customer facing app driven by AI and machine learning, initially in partnership with a third party consultancy. You'll interact with many key areas of the bank, such as information security teams, the Enterprise Cloud Platform team, and the mobile delivery team. You'll be taking a leading role in the technical design, development and testing of applications and services and be leading a team of software engineers to deliver great quality solutions in line with agreed plans.
This will involve leading on solution design options and explaining the pros and cons to key stakeholders so the best decision can be reached. From initial planning to delivery, you'll be working closely with a wide range of business and technical stakeholders to ensure solutions are delivered that meet the needs of our customers and the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the team in estimating build and testing complexity
- Monitoring the technical progress made against plans while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance
- Supporting and mentoring the team in understanding software languages and technical domains
- Driving the adoption of software engineering principles, processes and best practices and keeping up to date with the latest technologies
- Liaising with engineers, architects, business analysts and other key stakeholders to understand objectives, requirements and options
- Helping to define technical strategy and advising on product roadmaps and migration plans
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a passion for app development, and experience of developing for the iOS platform, including the languages - such as Objective-C and Swift - and tools - like Xcode, Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, and automation testing - to deliver high quality, tested and well designed solutions. You'll have a clear understanding of the mobile market, and will be able to follow the technology and trends that drive it, and will have exposure to mobile middleware and its integration to different web services and data exchanges. You'll also have an awareness of automated unit testing, UI automation and test driven development.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- Experience using agile methodologies and toolsets, and an understanding of scrum development methodology
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with senior business and technical stakeholders
- Experience implementing programming best practice - especially around scalability, availability and performance
- Experience of test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks
- Thorough knowledge of the software delivery lifecycle, established software development methodologies and agile delivery methods
- An innovative mind-set and the problem solving skills to translate product and business requirements into workable solutions
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.