Lead Python Developer - Investment Management
- £90,000 + Bonus + Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- McCabe & Barton
- 17 Mar 19
This role is one of the first python experts in the area and is will play a big part on how the python competency evolves within the organisation. An ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about technology and has an interest in quantitative model development.
The role sits within a multi skilled Quant/Risk team. Python is increasingly recognised as a key area with my client and this person will be a key memeber in setting up this competency.
- Building the python competency.
- Help non-IT python developers (quants strategists, quant developers and other business users teams) to adopt best practices and guide provisioning of the required infrastructure specific to their needs.
- Architectural input on python applications to the wider Architectural committee within the organisation.
- Develop production grade strategic applications and tactical quant/research related applications.
- Full stack Python dev. with 5+ years’ experience.
- Practical experience of unit/integration testing using TDD, BDD and test automation
- Experience in developing and delivering scalable applications
- Experience of SOA and Micro services environment
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Experience in mentoring, supporting and guiding junior team members.
- A working knowledge of Linux and understanding of IAAS offerings like AWS
- Experience of working in the Quantitative space, developing and back testing of models.
- AI/ML experience
- Asset management experience
- Experience with another object oriented language like java or c#.