Lead Scrum Master
Create the products that are changing an industry.
We never stop working to make investing simpler and more successful for our clients. By promoting new ways of working, you'll optimize products and keep our client experience improving at an accelerated pace. As a Scrum Master, you will provide leadership and mentoring to help define the strategy and approach to Agile practices and methodologies across all teams to generate increased business value. Are you ready to make it count? In this role you will:
- Lead, build, and coach high performing teams in the delivery of technology-related products or projects, ensuring team actions are aligned with project and business goals.
- Lead planning, team learning, and adaptation of processes to ensure the quality of team solutions.
- Enable a continuous learning environment, identifying ways to strengthen the team's understanding of Agile/Scrum concepts and principles as they relate to technical capabilities.
- Build and apply methodology that supports the integration of changing customer inputs and business conditions into technology-related product development.
- Make recommendations to the product owner and management in the definition and prioritization of technology-related outcomes. Identifies trade-offs between short and long term benefits to drive shared vision between the team and product owner.
- Ensure the application of agile frameworks to the development process to increase effectiveness of technology-related product development or architecture.
- Lead daily scrum meetings, iteration reviews, and maintains backlogs
- Remove roadblocks to technology-related product development or architecture. Applies learnings to other development projects.
Specializations that'll make an impact Good communication skills to teach staff new concepts and techniques and convey to staff decisions about their performance evaluations, promotions, sanctions and dismissals in a professional form. Demonstrable skills in mentoring team members in the areas of performance, standards and work methods. Innovating for client success
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience required. Computer Science or Engineering experience preferred.
- Minimum of five years related work experience. Two years of leading large cross-functional teams on major organizational technology projects preferred.
- Financial Services and technical experience preferred.
- Scrum Master Certification strongly preferred.
Are you a catalyst, pursuing the best route through a project to reach beyond your goals and the goals of your team? Then let's step up together to create the investment management company of the future. With your deep knowledge of the Agile framework, your ability to train others, and your willingness to prioritize and experiment, you'll ensure our many complex ideas become reality. We're at the frontlines of a changing industry, bringing care and compassion to investing experiences. If you have the drive and determination to go forward with us, you'll make an impact felt in our offices and around the world. Special Factors
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count. Inclusion at Vanguard
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.