Shawpoint is a London based ambitious boutique investment bank on track to double revenues in 2020-21 despite Covid-19 disruption. Shawpoint does not market itself and is growing rapdily from referals from our clients and their shareholders. The firm is winning mandates in competition from investment banks, boutiques, and M&A departments of the Big Four.
The firm provides M&A/Corporate Finance advice and operates exclusively in private markets (both equity and debt). Our clients are pan sector including listed and some of the UK’s largest private companies. The senior team are former Barclays, Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse and Goldman Sachs bankers.
In addition to the senior team (who are also supported by six senior advisors with deep domain knowledge), we presently have an Associate, an Analyst and in-house compliance.
Candidates will benefit from a lean team with ample opportunity to focus on the mid-market for progression and client exposure.
The role requires:
● Sharp attention to detail, technical and modelling skills:
o Creating granular financial models
o Transaction impact analysis
o Financial, strategic and transaction structuring analyses
o Term sheet and legal mark-ups
● Creating, drafting and taking ownership of presentations and memoranda for client consumption
● Day-to-day deal execution and project management for both buy-side and sell-side transactions (i.e. the ability to run and manage a process relatively autonomously)
● Regular interaction with clients and leading meetings
o Requires confident communication and strong client management skills
● Proactive and tenacious mindset with a strong work ethic
● Committed team player demonstrating the highest standards of integrity and professional ethics
● Legal and chartered accounting backgrounds are of special interest
● Confident and reassuring (for our clients)
● Enthusiastic, energetic and well organised
● Strong attention to detail
● Organisational skills and self-motivated approach essential
● Team player and good interpersonal skills
● Ability to work under pressure
● Common sense, be able to work on own initiative. Resourcefulness in problem-solving under pressure
Applications are welcomed from those with:
● 6+ years of M&A/corporate finance experience, with a top-tier investment bank, boutique or M&A/Transaction Services team within a Big 4 accountancy firm. ACA or legal PQ highly desired.
● Top class degree of any discipline from a leading university
● Fluent in English
● London based
We are looking for the right new hire to start ASAP.
Please apply with CV & covering letter to: email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunities employer and accredited and audited by Investors in People.
We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.