M.I Analyst Working with M&G Prudential as an M.I Analyst means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings & investments business. The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation. If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Context for the role:
The Procurement & Supplier Management (P&SR) function reports to the Chief Operating Officer. The function selects and manages third party suppliers for Prudential UK & Europe, M&G and Enterprise IT. The aim of the function is to protect the business against commercial, operational and regulatory risk whilst delivering value for money for budget holders. The function will develop, agree and communicate the procurement strategy and will deliver procurement services to the organisation including running procurement projects, managing renewals, putting in place effective and appropriate contracts with appropriate suppliers and managing the purchase to payment (P2P) process for supplier invoices.
The role holder will be responsible for the design and delivery of MI requirements to support the delivery of excellent outcomes to the Procurement team and internal customers. This will include market intelligence/insight, supplier analysis and operational reporting for the team.
· To support delivery of Procurement Strategy through the design, delivery and continuous improvement of internal and external MI and reporting
· To support Senior Category Managers and Category Managers through the provision of market insight and intelligence and internal supplier insight to inform category strategy, plans and delivery
· To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in Prudential UK's operational
· To ensure the department's policy, processes, MI and reporting are up to date and robust by interacting across the team and the Business
· If you're responsible for any legal agreements with third parties then you must make sure these are managed according to the Managing Contractual Relationships Framework. You'll find your responsibilities as an expenditure authoriser set out in the financial procedures manual for your business (e.g. Prudential UK & Europe, PIA, PPMS)
· Make sure that all personal expenditure, and contractual and legal agreements are authorised, controlled and monitored according to our delegated authority requirements
· Understand our Code of Conduct and how it applies to your work. Comply with all relevant policies, including mandatory training
· Use your judgement to strengthen our positive risk and control culture, by identifying, assessing and managing risk within your business area
· Take all reasonable steps to make sure your business area fulfils its external regulatory, legal and industry obligations
· Working level knowledge of Prudential products
· Expert knowledge of relevant IT software package Microsoft Office with a particular expertise in Excel
· Working knowledge of Procurement and Supply industry best practice
· Experience of working on Dashboards, MI in support of successful delivery of department policy & process requirements
· Experience of policy and process development and implementation
· Experience of working in a legal, finance or procurement operations environment
· Essential - Organised with the ability to work independently and adapt to rapidly changing circumstances
· Essential - Ability to work autonomously with limited requirement for management oversight
· Essential - Strong project management skills
· Essential - Ability to prioritise and manage multiple activities and deadlines
· Essential - attention to detail with a logical and methodical approach
· Essential - a team player
· Relevant professional qualification or working towards qualification People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals. M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Recruiter: Tom Hunt
Closing Date: 31/05/2019