Manager - Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting. SAP Digital Transformation, ET&P, Nationwide, UK
Deloitte's strategy is to be the market leader in SAP enabled Transformations.
We are recruiting exceptional individuals to provide leadership and expertise to sell and deliver ground breaking, digital S/4HANA Transformation Programmes.
Deloitte has a long standing relationship with SAP. We are the global number one SAP delivery partner with over 200 S/4 HANA implementations delivered to date. Deloitte are the co-innovation partner on SAP Leonardo, working together with SAP to develop a roadmap of digital use cases.
You will be part of a diverse team that challenges itself to provide innovative solutions in high-profile, complex projects. Working alongside excellent colleagues from around the firm and across the globe, Deloitte is an environment where you and your career can flourish.
Enterprise Technology & Performance
Want to work with business leaders, and alongside some of the most creative thinkers in industry? Can you develop and deliver innovative and core technology solutions that transform the digital enterprise and maximise ROI? From strategy articulation and process design to technology enablement, we work together to simplify the complex; creating tangible value for our clients. Your role
There is a new opportunity for a manager to join and help develop our ET&P practice, specifically focusing on Financial Planning and Analytics (FP&A) and MI, based on best in class EPM solutions like Oracle Hyperion Planning, SAP Business Planning and Consolidation, Anaplan, etc. This represents a unique opportunity to develop your career in consulting within an established Big 4 consulting firm. You will have the chance to develop your expertise in EPM as well as in the delivery and implementation of large scale technology solutions as you work on a range of projects in cross-functional teams.
The candidate will be expected to consult with all levels of a client's business and be comfortable in front of the finance business and IT, and from the analysts to the CIO and CFO, and be involved in the full life cycle of an EPM project starting with the initial design of the performance framework through to the implementation of the supporting technology.
As a Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting Manager, your role will involve:
Your work, your choice
- Advising on good practice and processes in FP&A in order to improve their visibility, accuracy and timeliness during the planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Demonstrating a deep knowledge of client decision-making and support processes and key client business drivers.
- Designing and configuring EPM applications such as SAP BPC, Oracle, Anaplan or Cognos in order to deliver a solution that best accommodates the client's requirements as stated.
- Advising on the solution options available to accommodate the client's requirements and the advantages and disadvantages relating to those options.
- Problem solving to identify and action appropriate remedies for technical errors associated with FCCS or EPM applications and related components.
- Understanding industry context.
- Supporting client requirements gathering/analysis workshops.
- Taking responsibility for planning, scoping, managing and creating deliverables as part of a larger project team.
- Managing larger teams on projects to deliver tasks, including providing guidance and feedback to junior team members.
- Establishing effective working relationships with peer-level clients as part of project delivery roles.
- Understanding industry context.
- Taking part in client discovery, requirement gathering and analysis workshops.
- Assisting in the development of client bids.
- Undertaking practice development activities including contributing to thought leadership pieces, running industry events, delivering training or managing team communications.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Based in various locations in the UK, this role also requires flexibility to work onsite at clients across multiple locations.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity, with a travel requirement, but with the opportunity to benefit from the Firm's agile working practices Your professional experience
To be successful in this role you are required to have:
- Good working knowledge of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Relevant experience working in a financial discipline within management consulting OR relevant experience working in industry in financial / commercial roles.
- Hands on experience including business requirements analysis, scoping, design and configuration with planning, budgeting & forecasting tools such as SAP BPC, SAP IBP, Anaplan, or Oracle Hyperion on at least two full implementation lifecycles.
- Hands on experience with SAP Analytics Cloud for planning or BPC 11 embedded, or BPC Optimised for S/4 HANA.
- Ability to translate technical information to non-technical individuals is essential, as well as the ability to present this to a range of audiences in a clear, concise and appropriate manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Consistently high quality personal and professional standards.
- Advanced MS Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel and stay away from home up to five days a week.
Additional desirable experience includes:
Your service line: Consulting
- Knowledge on sales and operations planning processes.
- Qualified/part qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA.
- Technical certification on any of the technologies mentioned above.
- Experience in SAP BW, Oracle Essbase, SAP Analytics Cloud and other similar packages would be advantageous but not essential.
- Knowledge of SAP IBP for HANA for supply chain and logistics planning.
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
SLCONS BACTEC CFTECH WPFULL
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 175750