Manager, Conduct, Insurance, Audit & Assurance, London
Your opportunity Deloitte's Insurance Regulation & Strategy Team is part of the Insurance Audit Group, which provides audit, assurance, advisory and internal audit services to our clients.
The team is a market leading group of industry experts that is still rapidly growing. We work exclusively in the insurance sector, with a particular focus on the Lloyd's and London market, the wider General Insurance industry and the Life insurance industry. We specialise in advisory and assurance work, providing practical, commercial solutions to global clients which require a deep understanding of the market and its regulatory context. We provide this advice through various product offerings, including reports, implementation support, and development and deployment of RegTech.
The team has built a reputation for providing market leading advice and assurance, positioning itself at the cutting edge of emerging regulatory trends by working closely with regulators, industry bodies and clients and conducting its own market research.
The Insurance Regulation & Strategy Team has specialists in:
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
- Corporate governance;
- Prudential regulation;
- Conduct (covering Retail and Wholesale);
- InsurTech / RegTech development and deployment;
- Strategy consulting (including Regulatory strategy and Regulatory due diligence); and
- Client money.
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
We are looking for a Manager to join the Insurance Regulation & Strategy team in London to support the conduct work we do with firms across the industry, including FTSE 100 insurers, insurance intermediaries, and Lloyd's and London Market insurers.
This role provide you with the opportunity to develop your sector experience and manage client engagements in relation to conduct risk and regulation for retail insurance clients. You will work closely with the Managers and Director who lead this area, and will have direct responsibility for managing a number of engagement teams.
You will be responsible for:
Your work, your choice
- Delivering high quality assurance and advisory services in relation to Conduct risk and regulation;
- Reviewing and analysing the quality of retail insurance calls using call monitoring technology;
- Advising and assisting clients in developing and implementing related processes and procedures to ensure clients adhere to FCA Conduct regulation, in particular Treating Customers Fairly;
- Creating and maintaining strong client relationships with your portfolio and ensuring that we are adding value to their business;
- Assisting with client targeting, including developing propositions and presenting proposals to clients;
- Performing practice management tasks, such as preparing budgets, resourcing and client billing;
- Developing and maintaining your technical knowledge in respect of Conduct risk and regulation as a subject matter expert in this area;
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides opportunity for travel in the UK.
This is a permanent full time opportunity, with flexibility of home-working. Your professional experience
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
- A background in Conduct regulation with respect to call listening quality assurance (ideally retail insurance), or relevant experience from another professional services firm
- Familiarity with Financial Services and FCA regulation (including ICOBS, DISP, SYSC, PRIN and IDD)
- Experience in using call monitoring technology
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to develop propositions and take these to market
- Sound organisational, planning and problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task and demonstrate flexible thinking
- Ability to develop effective working relationships internally and with clients
- Proven project and team management skills
- Ability to work independentlyEducated to degree level or equivalent required
An imperative for all at Deloitte, innovation lives in Audit & Assurance as fully as in any other field. From process automation to reframing our team structure, we're on a constant drive for positive transformation - for our clients and our people. With robots now taking care of routine tasks here, for example, you're free to focus on what you do best: interpreting information, collaborating and communicating. You won't be limited by sector experience either; we recognise that your skills and knowledge, wherever you gained them, can have a positive impact anywhere. You'll work across industries, and with colleagues throughout the firm, to give clients the information and insights they need to make great decisions. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last three years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 169086