Manager, Digital Risk, Risk Advisory, Technology & Digital Risk, Financial Services, London
Disruptive technology is being deployed at an incredible pace across Financial Services, but concerns remain around the risks that these introduce and organisations ability to scale their deployment in a controlled way.
Successful deployment will ultimately drive cost efficiencies, innovation, new business models and an overall improvement in customer experience. But it is critical that the associated risks are managed effectively and in a way that does not put customers and reputations at risk. For the right candidate there is an opportunity to play a significant role in redefining how digital disruptors are harnessed in a controlled way across Financial Services.
These new technologies and digital disruptors also present a huge opportunity to drive improvements to traditional risk management working practices and capabilities across Financial Services. This role provides the platform to influence and shape how disruptive technologies can be used to manage risks at the speed and scale now required by working alongside other teams to develop and deploy new approaches to risk management. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
As a member of our Technology and Digital Risk Financial Services team you will work alongside 150 UK professionals. Within our team you will help support Financial Service institutions to understand, assess and manage the risks they face as they deliver on their digital transformation change portfolio and embed new technology and different ways of working across their businesses.
We are looking for top performing candidates to join this dynamic and fast-growing team to help us meet the demand for digital risk specialists. As a member of our Technology and Digital Risk team the types of work you will be involved in include:
- Advising on the risks facing organisations undergoing digital transformations and ensuring that these are appropriately addressed at the right stage of implementation.
- Working with Change, Technology and Risk functions to design and implement new approaches to embedding risk and control in a digital world.
- Defining and embedding risk management strategies for digital technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Automation and Cloud.
- Defining and embedding governance models for agile delivery models, as well as applying the concepts of agility to risk management techniques.
- Designing technology enabled end to end risk management processes across both Change and Run domains.
- Embedding risk management solutions within client environments.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with our high-profile clients across retail banking, capital markets, insurance and investment management sectors. There will also be the opportunity to engage with multi-disciplinary teams from across our business to draw together digital specialisms into client offerings.
Your work, your choice
- Helping clients to deliver digital transformations at pace with control.
- Delivering varied client engagements ranging from managing the execution of large-scale digital risk and control programmes to focused specialist input into the adoption of disruptive technology.
- Identifying opportunities to build internal propositions which can be used to help deliver value to existing or new clients.
- Building your expertise in digital technology and delivery of transformational change within the Financial Services industry to develop genuine insight for our clients, and sharing this knowledge with the wider team and externally through developed market eminence.
- Contributing to the development of innovative products and services that respond to market developments and the changing risk landscape.
- Helping to develop new business with our existing clients and building relationships with new clients.
- Supporting Deloitte's commitment to creating a culture of respect and inclusion for all of our people.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak with us about the working pattern that works best for you.
This is a permanent opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
Your service line: Risk Advisory
- Knowledge of the latest technology trends, and an appreciation of the risks they present.
- Exposure to the key activities required to deliver Change in a financial services organisation.
- Experience with embedding disruptive technology into new or existing governance structures.
- Experience and understanding of the risk management lifecycle, gained through either current role or ongoing interaction with 1st or 2nd line risk management teams.
- Strong technology and/or Financial Services industry experience obtained via a career in industry or another consultancy.
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, question the status quo and deliver effectively against challenging objectives.
- Experience of working in, or with, a Digital function, ideally on a change/transformation programme.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with multiple stakeholders across both IT and Risk functions.
- Experience of developing more junior staff, mentoring team members, and working effectively in diverse team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with implementing and working with digital technology or innovative ways of working, including Artificial Intelligence, Automation, Cloud, Agile and DevOps.
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to succeed responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL WPPART SLRSKA CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 175004