Manager, Financial Reporting
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Ensuring an effective system of internal financial controls are in place to control the UK Business.
- Ensuring financial/fiduciary reporting obligations are met on time and to a high quality
- Applying Group accounting policies, standards, procedures and internal control practices across the main UK entity
- Review legal entity IFRS disclosures to be submitted to Group Finance for consolidation.
Based in London, reporting to The Head of Financial Reporting, UK Business, the role includes the following: Relationship Management
Operational Controls Management
- Establish partnership relationship with peer group across the SCB network.
- Coordinate with all relevant business partners, i.e. Global Finance Services (GFS), CIB Finance, Product Control, Group Finance (GFD), UK and Group Taxation on key processes/activities
- Liaison with GFD regarding new IFRS instructions, group reporting, and resolution of queries subsequent to packs submission.
- Develop good working relationships with external and internal audit teams
- Participate in country and business projects when required.
- Display role model behaviours and build credibility through demonstration of SCB's values; courageous, responsive, international, creative and trustworthy.
- Ensure necessary financial processes and controls are in place to ensure reporting of revenue, cost and balance-sheet is timely and accurate for Loans, Deposits, Derivatives, Contingents and Interest booked in the UK u sing the general ledgers as the primary source.
- Ensure full reconciliation between management, financial and statutory reporting packs
- Provide substantiation sign off for Finance owned accounts.
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and practices, Group Accounting Manual and other regulatory accounting guidelines.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a standardised financial reporting and controls structure in the UK.
- Challenging current practices and procedures and developing and implementing effective changes.
- Thorough review for the reports/analysis prepared by GFS
- Review substantiation of Intercompany accruals and other reporting adjustments.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ability to explain movements in financial balances clearly and succinctly demonstrating an understanding of the underlying UK unit function.
- Be able to track major transactions through the TPs to the G/L
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Qualified accountant
- Proven ability in financial and management accounting
- Current theoretical and practical knowledge of IFRS and its implications on reporting
- Prior experience of working in Product Control is desirable but not essential
- Practical experience with banking reporting systems and tools is desirable but not essential
- A self-starter and creative thinker with the ability to set and manage their own agenda with the overall UK Country Finance Agenda
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to drive change effectively with staff of all levels
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.