Our client is looking for a Market Data Manager based in London that has experience working to external Vendors to help build out a new Data Capability within the firm.
- Manage the outsourced relationship with Markit EDM ensuring the supplier meets SLA’s
- Ensure the continued development of the Markit EDM instance and supporting processes including system upgrades.
- Own the policy for ensuring data governance and effective data management
- Own and develop the data within the chosen data store.
- Ensure master data sets such as securities, accounts, share classes, positions and counterparties are set up and maintained to a high standard
- Ensure data delivery from master data sets to downstream systems is of suitable quality and provided in a timely manner to support BTPSM’s BAU processes
- Be able to design and operate all ‘business as usual’ activities in the team
- Build strong knowledge base on data elements of products, assets classes and usage in investment management systems and reporting
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external data suppliers
- Provide excellent service delivery to key client and stakeholder
- Proven experience as data manager
- Experience using and developing data management systems for example MarkitEDM
- Experience with Bloomberg Data Services and either Factset or RIMES index provision
- Detailed knowledge of all major asset classes: equity, fixed income, derivatives and their data characteristics
- Detailed knowledge of data vendors and experience of setting up new data sources and managing incumbent arrangements
- Track record in management of BAU tasks and resolution of day to day issues
- Track record in process enhancement and improvement