* very strong techie team * C# SQL distributed systems so need good threading skills * Currently moving out of data centres so deploying everything to cloud * Some Java API's so no real knowledge required as it's a C# based team predominantly * HBase is the store * KDB in the team but separate to the C# * Some business exposure but more technical * Flexible working from home
My client is a leading Investment bank based in the City looking for an experienced C# Developer with either finance or non finance experience.
- very strong techie team
- C# SQL distributed systems so need good threading skills
- Currently moving out of data centres so deploying everything to cloud
- Some Java API's so no real knowledge required as it's a C# based team predominantly
- HBase is the store
- KDB in the team but separate to the C#
- Some business exposure but more technical
- Flexible working from home
- Design and develop state of the art applications and services in the Data Exchange, and help us shape the future of the business
- Work with the latest technologies and hone your technical expertise in a collaborative, agile and forward thinking team environment
- As well as developing your technical talents you'll have the opportunity to build project and leadership skills which will open up a range of exciting career options
- The role is available at vice president level
What you'll do
The Data Exchange is responsible for technology delivery, support and change related activity relating to cross asset market data, reference data and analytic data. You'll design, develop and test applications and technical solutions in line with business requirements and the needs of our customers. This will involve working with lead engineers, architects and business stakeholders to build an understanding of business needs and collaborating to deliver innovative solutions to agreed budget and timescales.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working within the strategic architecture of the Market Data Exchange platform, reviewing it and making suggestions for improvements as requirements emerge
- Delivering code that meets functional requirements within the agreed timelines and in line with industry and client software standards, and architectural and functional improvements that will have a positive impact on our technology estate and business
- Ensure we have detailed documentation of business requirements and technical specifications for delivered solutions
- Taking a disciplined approach to cost management and operational excellence in all areas of work, challenging the business on requirements to ensure best value for money while following development best practices
- Defining and executing unit tests and constructing software, performing integration and regression testing; planning deployment and execute post deployment checks
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with excellent analytical and programming skills, and sound knowledge of n-tier architectures, service oriented and distributed architectures. You'll have experience with agile and test driven development methodologies, and will have good knowledge of abstract data structures and algorithms, and of graph databases. You should also have an understanding of fixed income and FX trading.
We'll look for you to demonstrate:
- Expert level development in C#, XML, and OO design
- Experience of source control, defect management and build tools - preferably with Subversion
- Database experience, particularly with SQL Server
- Experience of user interface development, including Wpf and Html 5
- Experience of Excel add ins
- Google Cloud experience
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis group of companies, the fourth largest staffing group in the world, (collectively referred to as the "Allegis Group"). TEKsystems, Aston Carter and Aerotek are trading names of Allegis Group Limited. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/privacy-policy. Please note when you give us your data, we will share it within Allegis Group and this involves the transfer of such data outside the European Economic Area, subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice.