Mobile Automation Tester
Description Like a lot of technology companies, we are mostly working remotely at Starling and we think we will be for a while to come. We're open to applications from across the UK but our preference is that you're located within a commutable distance to either our London or Southampton office, so that when we're able to see each other and collaborate in person again, we're ready to go!
We are very open about how we deliver software - have a look at our QCon presentations or engineering podcasts to see what our developers have been up to. You can also try coding against your own bank account with us using our open APIs (see the developer site)
Working as part of our product delivery teams, you will perform both functional and non-functional testing of our mobile applications, ensuring that they perform as expected and they meet our very high standards. We are looking for someone who will advocate for testing throughout the lifecycle of the product and who takes pride in ensuring we are releasing good quality software that helps our customers.
In this role, you'll work with our engineers to enhance our test-driven development approach to building mobile applications. We aim for a very high level of test automation across our applications so we can deploy to production many times a day. Our engineers are responsible for understanding the desired behaviour of the code they are writing and testing.
As a mobile product tester, you will be expected to use your own initiative to test and validate features, functional controls and logic flows, as well as planning and executing regression testing. You are looking for the missed edge cases, verifying behaviour on a variety of devices and form factors and looking for consistency issues between our platforms. You'll monitor and drive improvements, and communicate identified risks or issues to the wider team. Requirements
- Experienced tester who can work under their own initiative, in an autonomous manner, collaborating with all areas of the bank including engineers, product designers and product owners
- 2+ years experience testing mobile applications across both iOS and Android
- Comfortable conducting exploratory testing on pre-release builds on iOS and Android
- Experience automating E2E user journeys - ideally with mobile applications
- Able to analyse risk, severity, and impact of issues identified and work with the wider team to prioritise and resolve them
- Maintain an adaptable, pragmatic approach to testing; switching modes to meet the needs of the bank
- Good understanding of user experience best practices and UX testing
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You'll also get your birthday on us
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to 'salary sacrifice' benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
- Full details are available on our careers site
Starling is a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry.
Since our launch in 2014, we've surpassed one million accounts. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have topped £2 billion over the same period. We're a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We've won the Best British Bank award three years running, and now employ almost 1000 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff & Dublin offices.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.