We're representing a mainstream, well-established UK mid-market private equity firm. We're seeking to hire a newly qualified ACA from an accountancy practice firm. It will offer the appointee a broadly defined role with exposure to responsibilities across both fund finance and investment support.
The Fund Finance Analyst role is a broadly based fund accounting role with some commercial exposure. It's a great opportunity to develop a broad private equity skillset and an excellent entry into the industry, with a leading firm. Key responsibilities will include:
Accounting / Reporting:
- Reviewing quarterly financial statements for the funds and annual financial statements for subsidiaries prepared by the administrators
- Reviewing quarterly investor reports for the funds prepared by the administrators
- Liaising with the auditors regarding the audit of the annual accounts for the funds and all subsidiaries
- Working closely with the investment and portfolio company teams to produce valuations of investee companies
- Maintaining the returns models (actual and forecast) for all the Funds
- Liaising with the portfolio company Finance Directors regarding information provided by them for use in valuations and investor reporting to ensure that it is consistent and correct
- Preparation of regular cash flow forecasts for all funds to support drawdowns and repayment of funds to investors
- Responding to investor queries
- Preparation of KPIs and other metrics for presentation to the board
We're seeking a newly qualifed ACA from either the London office of a big 4, mid-tier or small accountancy practice firm. In different ways, private equity / financial services audit experience is as beneficial as having accounts preparation experience. It is an essential requirement to have a strong academic record, an ACA qualification and keen desire to work in private equity.