OneStream Close, Consolidate & Report Consultant, Consulting, London
Extend your technical and advisory skills delivering OneStream solutions to an outstanding client base.
Want to work with business leaders, and alongside some of the most creative thinkers in industry? Can you design, develop and deliver innovative technology solutions that transform the Finance function? From strategy articulation and process design to technology enablement, we work together to simplify the complex; creating tangible value for our clients.
We encourage flexible ways of working; both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and clients. Your role
You will be expected to consult & advise in all levels of a client's business and be comfortable working with Finance, IT and the wider business. We are looking for skilled individuals to be involved in the full life cycle of Performance Management projects from initial design of the performance framework through to the implementation of the technology and future roadmap design.
You will have responsibility for:
Your work, your choice
- Advising on good practice approaches to financial consolidation processes in order to improve accuracy, timeliness and efficiency;
- Supporting client requirements gathering and analysis workshops;
- Advising on solution options available to accommodate the client's needs, clearly articulating the advantages and disadvantages and making recommendations when required;
- Designing and configuring OneStream EPM applications in order to deliver a solution that best accommodates the client's requirements;
- Problem solving to identify and action appropriate remedies for technical challenges such as changing requirements and solution tuning;
- Taking responsibility for planning, scoping, managing and creating deliverables as part of a larger project team;
- Managing small teams on projects to deliver tasks, including providing guidance and feedback to junior team members;
- Establishing effective working relationships with peer-level clients as part of project delivery roles;
- Assisting in the development of client bids;
- Performing practice development activities including contributing to thought leadership pieces, industry events, supporting the delivery of training or managing team communications.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will be London, but this is a client-facing role which can provide opportunities for travel in the UK and overseas.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. Your professional experience:
- Good working knowledge of financial consolidation processes;
- Relevant experience working in a financial discipline within management consulting or in industry in financial or commercial roles;
- Hands on experience of configuring consolidation and reporting tools on at least one full implementation lifecycle - OneStream preferred, or multiple HFM implementations if no current OneStream experience (we can provide training);
- Ability to translate technical information to non-technical individuals is essential, as well as the ability to present this to a range of audiences in a clear, concise, appropriate manner;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with a focus on translating business requirements into technology solutions;
- Advanced MS Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Consistently high quality personal and professional standards;
- Ability to travel and stay away from home up to five days a week.
Additional desirable experience includes:
Your service line: Consulting
- Qualified/Part Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA;
- Technical certification on any of the technologies mentioned above;
- Experience in other Performance Management packages such as SAP BPC or Hyperion Planning would be advantageous but is not essential.
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster acollaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work.We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctivelevel of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart ofour inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear fromsome of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
.We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers forWorking Families
for the eighth consecutive year, andto have been listed in The Times Top 50Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 169878