- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 15 Feb 18
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base + Bonus + Benefits
- Full time
Principal Agile Analyst
Senior Business Analyst with financial services experience required to work on our client on-boarding platform. You will have experience in documenting functional and non-functional requirements, UI/front-end mock ups and user journey mapping.
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
Schroders will be running a number of significant initiatives across the Client Lifecycle, focussing on improvements to data, process and client experience. The purpose of this programme is to ensure that there is a highly effective & efficient Client On-Boarding process. This will result from ensuring the initiatives combine to a common, unified target state supported by scalable and innovative technologies.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
The Principal Agile Analyst on the Client On-Boarding initiative is a business analyst with strong technical expertise. Agile analysts are core members of the Business aligned agile team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. While Principle Agile Analyst's core contribution will be leading the analysis and design aspects of software development, they also contribute to development and testing activities.
Principal Agile Analysts are innovative and passionate BAs who demonstrate a superior level of skill, experience and professionalism relative to their peers.
The role requires a highly capable professional and effective communicator from the financial services industry. Principle Agile Analysts bring extensive technology and business process expertise and experience, drive tactical and strategic change across a complex evolving platform, and collaborate effectively with senior Business and technology stakeholders.
• Support Capability (Schroder's term for "product") Owners and Epic Owners/Analysts to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the team are suitably well defined and structured.
• Responsible for leading analysis tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability.
• Responsible for contributing to the analysis, development, build and testing of working software required by the Capability.
• Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the 'working system' definition of done within agreed sprint.
• Accountable for ensuring committed PI Objectives and Sprint Objectives are met.
• Responsible contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
• Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and manage dependencies.
• Participating enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
• Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge.
• Committing to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Dev, Test)
• Supporting other team members to improve their analysis skills where it is their non-core specialism.
• Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so.
General and Technical Skills:
• Experience in documenting functional and non-functional requirements as well as process and data flow mapping.
• Experience in producing UI/front end mock ups and user journey mapping.
• Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe.
• Extensive experience and knowledge of the asset management and wealth business contexts, preferably with knowledge of Client On-Boarding.
• Knowledge and experience of using business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support agile software development.
• Experience of using domain driven design techniques.
• Experience leveraging modern web stack technology, APIs, micro-services, cloud technology, cognitive computing, and big data.
• Knowledge and experience of development and testing skills and tools and common programming languages.
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
• Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions.
• Excellent ability communicate how the work (eg features and stories) delivered by the teams contributes to Epics and Business objectives.
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.