Established 15 years ago and headquartered in London, TORI is a specialist Financial Services consultancy with a proven track record of working with some of the world’s largest financial institutions. With offices in London, New York and Bangalore, we have delivered significant transformational change for both Banking and Insurance clients, globally. We are practitioner-led: our consultants are Subject Matter Experts drawn from the Banking and Insurance sectors; all have deep industry experience, having held senior positions with responsibility for Operations, Technology, Risk and Compliance.
The Governance, Risk and Control practice headline propositions are:
- “Managing Risk better”
- gain a more efficient way of managing risk through an effective/appropriate 3 lines of Defence approach, being able to have a single and consistent view of Risk and control across the business and how to manage and integrate Cyber into the business.
- “Building Resilience”
- Build a resilient organisation and business which includes building operational excellence, being aware and managing Cyber in an approporiate and proportional way to the customers risk appetite, managing 3rd parties both operationally and commercially and having an effective control approach.
Both of which have a strong reliance on Cyber and Operational Resilience capabilities
TORI has a strong track record of working with some of the world’s largest financial institutions and many of the Cyber Security / Operational Resilience engagements are delivered on a Fixed Price basis.
We are seeing a significant increase in the demand for Cyber Security and Operational resilience solutions from our clients. We already have a sizeable Cyber security business and are looking to hire an individual to be help grow the cyber business to the next level (+50% in 3 years). The candidate should have a broad understanding of Cyber Security and Operational Resilience and hold appropriate certifications to support that position and have detailed knowledge in key areas that can be leveraged on client projects.
The role will be a mix of
- Internal: Cyber Security and Operational Resilience advocate and ambassador to keep Cyber security in the forefront of the organisation both directly and as part of other solutions to market.
- External: Business Development, promotion of Cyber Security and Operational Resilience portfolios at events, to clients etc. Ownership of the progression of Cyber/Operational Resilience opportunities through the sales cycle and mobilising the team to deliver a quality solution that exceeds the clients expectations.
- External: Delivery of client projects with a focus on delivering the Cyber/Operational Resilience expert elements.
Note: in all cases we are looking at the challenge from the clients perspective and building holistic solutions that might lead from a Cyber or Operational Resilience perspective but may equally lead from an Operational Excellence or 3rd party mgmt propositions with supporting Cyber or Operational Resileince capabilities.
Skills and experience
- Consulting background with successful track record of Business Development for Financial Services
- In-depth experience gained in either a buy-side or sell-side institution with exposure to shaping and delivering significant programmes of Cyber Security and Operational Resilience.
- In-depth understanding of the key industry, market and regulatory drivers shaping the industry and an ability to articulate these by way of client opportunities
- Knowledge of the key and leading Security vendors and products that Financial services organisations are using.
- Drive innovation from market developments as they pertain to Cyber Security and/or Operational Resilience
- Demonstrable expertise in building and leveraging relationships
- The ability to present to C-Level decision makers
- Experience of leading multiple, diverse and complex client programmes' and having accountability for managing resources, potential over-runs, billing, and recovery
- Excellent soft and communication skills and ability to tune and deliver relevant messages to different audiences (e.g. to the SOC team, to the Business owner, to the CRO and other CXOs)
- Self-starter and strong team player
Business Development (circa 40%)
- Leverage own network and work closely with the Global head of Cyber Security and account management to build a pipeline of Cyber Security and/or Operational Resilience sales opportunities.
- Drive cross-sell opportunities across TORI’s practices and Clients
- Have a broad knowledge and practical experience of Cyber Security and Operational Resilience that can be used to engage customers and create empathy and opportunity.
Delivery (circa 60%)
- Be able to:
- “Oversee” the successful delivery of Cyber Security/Operational Resilience projects to quality, time and cost.
- “SME delivery” have a detailed and expert level practical experience on key Cyber (e.g. IAM, Cyber frameworks (NIST/ISO etc), Application development (DevSecOps) and Operational Resilience (e.g. Incident mgmt./Crises Mgmt)
- Consulting experience, demonstrated across multiple clients, desirable
- Ability to operate at C suite level
- Excellent relationship management skills
- 10 years Cyber experience, gained from either buy-side or sell-side(excludes vendor sell side) towards end client
- 2 within the last 4 years’ experience of operational resilience, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery
- Hold relevant industry certifications (e.g. CISSP,GSEC, CEH, CRISC, CISM)
About TORI Global
Shying away from hard truths is not our style. Bringing a candid pragmatism to any problem is. Sometimes we may have to tell you what’s needed, not what you want to hear. We believe you’ll thank us in the end.
Our no-nonsense attitude is just one of the reasons to work with us. Here are some more.
The TORI team have held C-level and senior roles in global organisations. We understand our clients business needs and the challenging sectors they work in.
We’re outcome based
We complete every project with speed, agility and a clear return on investment. We don’t just deliver value, we prove it.
Our flexible pricing model allows us to tailor projects to our clients specific needs. We will always find the right balance between quality, cost and risk.
We have a strong track record
Our long-standing client relationships are testament to our collaborative approach. We have achieved success together time and time again.
Trust. Openness, Respect. Integrity.
These values are what TORI stands for – not just in words, but in every aspect of our business.
The purpose of this declaration is to establish an ethos that empowers each of us to perform to the best of our abilities, for the benefit of our clients and for ourselves.
That’s why we ask each member of the TORI team – directors, employees and Associates – to sign up to these values, and uphold them in their working practice every single day.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
- Lean / Six Sigma qualifications advantageous but not essential