Principal Research Analyst - Thermal Systems
IHS Markit's Automotive Supply Chain & Technology team is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Principal Research Analyst - Thermal Systems within its European team. The role will underpin current and new IHS Markit services which support clients on a global basis. RESPONSIBILITIES
The role encompasses qualitative and quantitative research, trend forecasting as well as strategy analysis of light passenger vehicle thermal system technologies and supply chain dynamics. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop new forecasts on a variety of thermal system technologies and themes (e.g. Hybrid and electric thermal management systems, HVAC, supplementary heating/cooling, heat recovery systems, powertrain cooling systems, cabin comfort components etc). Forecasts based on original research conducted by the Principal Analyst are supported by IHS Markit proprietary data/tools.
- Conduct analysis of complex datasets, guiding clients to insightful answers so as to support their business objectives
- Maintain databases which track automotive technologies and supplier information
- Perform primary research interviews with automotive industry contacts across all levels of seniority to facilitate forecast development
- Support business development activities in the thermal system component area as well as the wider offerings of the team (as required from time to time)
- Nurture a network of contacts at automotive companies
- Project work involvement, including cross-regional and cross-team projects as needed
- Interfacing and supporting clients on a daily basis, as well as frequent client presentations
- Proven understanding of thermal systems and main technology trends, ideally with detailed knowledge of hybrid and electric vehicle key requirements
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); understanding of database mechanics helpful (e.g. Access, SQL)
- Accurate Analytical and Data interpretation skills
- Good presentations skills and comfortable in client interactions
- Strong motivation and ability to self-organize to achieve difficult targets under tight time constraints
- An interest/passion for cars is desirable
- 5+ years of experience at automotive suppliers/OEMs in the powertrain/thermal systems/e-mobility area, or at a consultancy
- Fluency in English. Proficiency in another European Language would be an added advantage (German highly desirable)
- Proven connections/entry points in the automotive industry
The role is to be based at any one of the company's European offices (London, Frankfurt, Paris, Milan). Flexible and/or home working arrangements would be considered for the right candidate after successful completion of a probationary period.
The right to work in the respective European location is essential.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.