Principal Solutions Architect - AWS
Do you like helping customers architect systems and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping companies understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as a leading technology platform?
As a Solution Architect within the Business Development organization of Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon CloudFront) within strategic accounts.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will posses customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
• Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
• Own each engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community.
• Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
• Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess several years of implementation/consulting experience (7+)
• Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• CTO/co-founder experience in an emerging technology firm or consulting firm
• A Masters Degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or equivalent technical degree
• AWS Solution Architect Certificates; Associates, Developer, Professional.
• Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (e.g. AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway, Amazon ECS, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS CodeStar, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy, Amazon Elasticsearch service, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon CloudFront etc.)
• Knowledge of multiple, modern development languages such as Ruby, Python and Node.js
• Understanding of Machine Learning and Deep Learning concepts and technology
• Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
In return, we will offer you a competitive salary, stock units, and other excellent benefits including healthcare.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
"Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates."