Principal Solutions Architect - Global Partners Strategic Deals
DESCRIPTION Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a world class candidate for the role of Partner Solution Architect, Strategic Deals, within our Global Systems Integrators (GSI) Channels & Alliances business function.
This is an ideal role for someone who has experience working for a global systems integrator, a large IT consulting firm, or a Fortune 1000 company. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions with key accounts, you will be responsible for helping driving top line revenue growth and overall end customer adoption in the Large Enterprise segment. The ideal candidate will possess both a technical background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to easily interact with customers and account management/field reps/pre-sales architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. You should be just as comfortable talking storage and networking with the VP of Infrastructure or continuous deployment with the DevOps team, TCO with the CFO, and cloud strategy with the CIO. If you are a problem solver with a broad technical-skills, and have the ability to drive technical initiatives and cloud migration projects with the GSIs you will enjoy this role.
The ideal candidate will possess deep technical skill in software architecture, information security, compliance initiatives, software deployment and cloud economics as well as customer facing skills at all levels of a partner organization. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. The ideal candidate is also an influencer by nature and must be seen as someone the partners are eager to engage with and have a strong hands-on approach.
• Help manage and drive joint Strategic Deals between the partner and AWS. Build a set of best practices around deal making and bid management for our largest deals, and replicate across geographies.
• Work with Geo level and Country Partner management, and AWS account teams in a highly collaborative operating model to help develop pipeline specific to the partner.
• Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to define and deliver the joint solution set and supporting collateral.
• Liaise with the Partner's field pre-sales organization, channels and end customers to help create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS.
• Help set a strategic business & technology development plan for Strategic Deals with the partner and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction.
• Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
• Position AWS for internal use by the partner organization.
• Work closely with the partner's customer base to ensure they are successful using AWS, making sure they have the technical resources required for successful adoption.
• Help partners cost optimize their solutions using techniques like right sizing infrastructure, using higher level application services, using AWS cost explorer, recommending Reserved & Spot instances etc.
• Understand the technical requirements of the partner and work closely with the internal development team to help guide the direction of product offerings.
• Technical leader and trusted adviser in the area of cloud computing for our partners.
• Drive development of repeatable assets, solutions, products & accelerators.
• Assist global system integrators and earn the trust of customers by delivering multi-day technical workshops, lead white boarding sessions, executing on Proof of Concepts, and contributing to the construction of performant, scalable, secure, and highly available AWS solutions.
• Demonstrate a bias for action and deep technical skills by authoring joint technical whitepapers with GSIs, technical case studies, and enterprise focused blog posts.
• Up to 50% travel (Post COVID-19 Travel Restrictions)
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Significant experience in technology pre-sales, deal shaping for strategic opportunities.
• Experience driving and coordinating complex and strategic pre-sales engagements with or within a Global Systems Integrator.
• Hands on experience within the last three years in networking, security, database administration or development, application development, or system administration
• Past experience leading white boarding sessions and delivering multi-day workshops to architects, operations staff, developers, and cloud technologist.
• Demonstrated ownership of a large IT project or software development effort.
• Technology Breadth: Demonstrate architectural best practices applied across a breadth of technologies to solve organizational problems, articulate views/roadmaps for future development, and understand the interaction between infrastructure, operations, and development.
• Technology Depth: Demonstrate detailed knowledge of concepts, implementation, patterns, and issues of at least four technology areas.
• Demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives.
• Presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
• Experience working within the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) category is highly desired.
• Proven experience driving revenue through partners with structured programs.
• Verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Demonstrate a strong bias for action and hands on approach.
• 12+ years of related experience
• BS level degree required, computer science, business or math background preferred
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Exhibit the attributes of learn and be curious by demonstrating the ability to quickly assimilate information about new technologies and business models
• Experience designing and implementing enterprise-grade architectures for Fortune 1000 companies
• Passion for working with global systems integrators
• Broad based technology experience including: cloud computing, applications development, DevOps, IoT, relational databases, NoSQL databases, analytics, networking, security, storage, compute, continuous deployment, containers, and management and monitoring
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, and act tactically, about business, product, and technical challenges
• Experience executing large scale data center transformation or application migration and modernization projects
• Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure and adoption
• Experience in driving and successfully closing large complex deals in a highly matrixed organization
• Cloud and/or AWS experience; AWS Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Level, AWS Certified Developer - Associate Level, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate Level; and AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, AWS Certified Devops Engineer - Professional
• International technical sales and delivery experience w/ global F500 enterprise customers and partners
• Use of AWS services in distributed environments with Enterprise Software
• Advanced degrees in engineering and/or business
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.