Our business services processes are critical to the smooth running of our organisation. They underpin the efficient running of our daily operations, provide vital data and reporting that allow us to run our business, support our front line services to make decisions and forward plan. These services have historically been devolved across the organisation based in different functional areas. The creation of the new Business Services Function (BSF) marks a shift in the way in which we provide these critical services to our internal customers, with a focus on delivering end to end processes (which will sit across functional areas –BSF, HR and Finance). This signifies a new way of thinking for our organisation – moving to integrated, collective responsibility for service delivery with services which are easy to access and clearly understood by our internal customers.
The establishment of the Process Owner role will underpin the new operating model and will be integral to the successful delivery of end to end processes across TfL. The Process Owners will report into the appropriate Professional Services function and be responsible for the integrity of the end to end process, driving the growth and continuous improvement agenda with the senior leadership teams across BSF and the relevant function.
The Process Owner is ultimately responsible for upholding the design of the end to end (E2E) process and the delivery and performance of the process aligned to that.
This role is responsible for upholding the design of the Project and Fixed Assets end to end process and the delivery and performance of the process aligned to each.
As the Process Owner you will have the responsibility to ensure that the E2E processes support the associated policies. You will also act as the 'data authority' for their process, specifically for data quality. You will work with the operational Business Services Function (BSF) Team and retained function to ensure that the E2E process is adhered to and that change control is managed and governed appropriately.
About the role
- Ownership of the E2E process and associated documentation, strategies and standards as well as acting as the data authority for the E2E process with responsibility for the quality of the data
- Ownership for defining the high level E2E process performance metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs) and overall process performance reporting against these
- Responsible for liaising with the business to agree appropriate enablers where issues and performance challenges are identified in the E2E process in collaboration with the relevant Process Delivery lead
- Accountable for managing senior stakeholders in relation to identified opportunities/changes and issues associated with their relevant E2E process to ensure the processes meet the needs of the customers and the business in a effective and efficient manner. The Process Owner will be responsible for chairing Process Councils and sponsoring recommendations to the Design Authority
- Provide support in the resolution of major performance issues / issues with the performance of the process in collaboration with the relevant Process Delivery Lead and responsible for working with the Change & Continuous Improvement team in BSF to ensure that process improvement ideas that have been signed off are turned into projects
- Responsible for driving Continuous Improvement within the E2E process including assessing Continuous Improvement ideas that come from the delivery teams and the business. The Process Owner will prioritise these and take them to the Process Councils for review.
- Responsible for ensuring that training materials are available to support the E2E Process and for signing off the relevant process documentation produced by the BSF Service Management Process team
- Responsible for building relationships with stakeholders in TfL / external stakeholders to identify opportunities to support the growth agenda working with the Change and Continuous Improvement team in BSF
- Expertise in relevant E2E process and solutions
- Knowledge of relevant transactional systems
- Knowledge of applying continuous improvement methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of the Project and Fixed Assets processes
- In depth knowledge of the internal and external relationships and interfaces across BSF and the CFO function
- In depth knowledge of Finance policies and controls
- Knowledge of TfL policies
- Knowledge of the technology landscape in the CFO Function
- Expert in relevant processes and tools applicable to the E2E Process
- Excellent at understanding, documenting and assessing complex business requirements
- Excellent ability to build working relationships and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally
- Strong stakeholder management skills including ability to influence
- Strong situational leadership skills to appropriately motivate, coach and mentor a team of varied roles and grades
- Strong commercial awareness and knowledge of best practice within the market and an external network (or interest in actively developing this)
- Experience in creating a robust environment of relevant E2E process in a large complex organisation
- Experience in managing and delivering multiple projects
- Experience of managing transformation and teams going through change
- Experience of delivering measurable business growth
- Experience of working in matrix management across Business Services environment and relevant functions
- Track record of delivering significant productivity gains
- Professionally qualified (e.g. CIMA) or similarly recognised qualification.
- Experience of working in or alongside a Finance and Business Services function
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free travel for you on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
- 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
- Tax-efficient childcare payments
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
The closing date for applications is 16th January 2020 @ 23:59 hours