- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 19 May 19
Programme Director, Group COO
Some careers grow faster than others.
If youâ€™re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
UK Operations provides operational processes to support the Global Businesses and delivery to their customers and we employ around 5,000 employees across the UK and in our global service centres. UK Operations comprises five functions: Consumer Operations, Wholesale Operations, Operational Services, Payment Operations and Financial Crime Risk Operations which collectively deliver operational processes for our Global Businesses.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Programme Director.
Transformation acts as HSBCâ€™s change leader, supporting the implementation of the Groupâ€™s strategy and is committed to making change a source of sustainable competitive advantage for HSBC. The Programme Director will need to lead the execution of change across the business and manage its impact. They are expected to have knowledge of Group strategy and the challenges or risks the Group faces. The Programme Director is typically responsible for the delivery of globally driven, globally co-ordinated or large region/country specific programmes.
This may also take the form of taking direct delivery accountability for a significant number of programmes and/or change initiatives for a given business entity or function to deliver a given strategic outcome.
In conjunction with Executive level operational business owners, they are required to define the change agenda, lead change initiatives, take strategic decisions, operate at an executive level and manage global stakeholder and sponsor relationships.
The Programme Director is responsible for leading the scoping and delivery of large scale complex global strategic change programmes with the Group Transformation portfolio.
The role holder needs to be an energized, ambitious and high performing change leader who is able to quickly become a â€trusted advisorâ€™ to the senior stakeholders with whom they are partnered. They need to be able to identify opportunities, constructively challenging conventional thinking, and help to shape, prioritise and drive the execution of change with a focus on delivering the desired customer, colleague, operational and financial outcomes.
They will be required to support the Head of Group Programmes Transformation in creating and leading a World Class change organisation, creating an environment for development and capability uplift across the Transformation team
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Delivery Excellence â€" the ability to mobilise and successfully manage end to end execution to a high standard across all facets of the change process to ensure benefits are realised
- Design Led Thinking â€" an awareness of end to end customer focused solution design and architecture alignment / problem solving
- Outcome Focus â€" the ability to clarify business outcomes, key performance indicators and ensure the solutions best address problem statement and deliver anticipated benefits
- Innovation â€" an awareness of emerging technology and innovation how this can be applied to solve challenges and improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness
- Change Navigation â€" the ability to navigate a complex matrix organisation, develop domain knowledge and influence stakeholders
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Outstanding understanding of HSBC Group structures, values, behaviours, processes and objectives
- Strong intimate knowledge of HSBCâ€™s various Global businessâ€™s and functions
- Good working knowledge of functional area in an operational or consulting capacity
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Very strong knowledge of the external environment â€" regulatory, political, competitors, innovation etc.
- Outstanding knowledge of Transformation â€" functionally, operationally and financially
- Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions with Senior Executives across the group
- Proven ability in working across multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural diverse work environments
- Strong analytical background and proven ability in analytical rigor, including being able to contextualize data into business activities and conclusions
- Proven ability in successfully identifying, designing and implementing large-scale, complex global / regional change initiatives
- Proven experience of operating iterative delivery techniques at scale
- Experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
- Evidence of successfully managing financial plans
- Successful experience in developing and retaining critical talent and building an effective leadership team
- Outstanding relationship management and influencing skills â€" up to Board level
- The ability to recognise structural issues within the organisation, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
- The ability to visualise and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure successful delivery of complex transformational initiatives
- Ability to leverage resources available to achieve goals
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills in order to cope with multiple large-scale responsibilities
Qualifications and Accreditations
- Degree in related field or commensurate practical experience
- Industry recognized technical certifications i.e. PMP, CBAP, MSP, Change Management, ACP (Optional), Master Black Belt â€" Six Sigma (Optional), TOGAF (Optional)
The base location for this role is London.
Youâ€™ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.