Project Manager, Global Network Security
PwC is driving major change across information and cyber security by building a centralized model to provide security services across the entire member firm network.
Mandated at the network level, Network Information Security (NIS) operates outside Information Technology (IT) and is responsible for this major program initiative, from definition of the security strategy to execution of the global Cyber Readiness Program, moving from local to centralized services.
Our mission is to identify, control and reduce the attack surface across the member firm network while increasing our adversaries' cost of attack.
In order to deliver the Cyber Readiness Program the NIS team is structured into the following Pillars:
- Information Security Risk and Compliance (ISRC)
- Chief Information Security Office (CISO)
- Security Architecture, Engineering, Innovation and Transformation (SAEIT)
- Cyber Security Services
- Business Services
- Chief of Staff
NIS is building the first global cyber security function at PwC. Our mission protects 300,000 PwC members across 160 member firms worldwide as well as our global clients.
If you are seeking an exciting career with the scope to grow your security skills through major change on a global scale, then NIS will empower you to do so.
If you love designing and building security technology this is the place to be. Within SAEIT we work closely with the business to define the NIS 5 year security roadmap. Gathering business requirements to combine PwC's goals with conceptual long term security trends to create a target architecture for NIS to deliver against. From this future state plan the Security Engineering team break down long term goals into manageable projects and look to technical security solutions to solve business problems. Designing and building security technology that span the wider PwC network of firms. Once security technologies are built the security engineering team work closely with Cyber in order to highlight the capability of the technology to ensure maximum impact as it is transitioned into an operational environment. Scope of Responsibility:
The Security PMO team is responsible for the following tasks:
Strategic & Technical Orientation / Job Content:
- Driving and executing the delivery of global security solutions for member firm adoption;
- Provide the network with a single point of contact, coordination and accountability for delivery of the multi-year InfoSec Transformation program;
- Develop appropriate Framework and Governance process for initiation and execution of security projects;
- Manage project activities across the NIS portfolio including status, finance (e.g. accounting, forecasting, etc.), procurement, and resource management (Project Management/Business Analyst Staffing);
- Align strategic aspects of Information Security program with project portfolio, and maintain Security Transformation portfolio and roadmaps; and
- Leads Change Management process, identifies cross-work stream dependencies, manages impact of changes, and provides subject matter expertise/knowledge to drive resolutions.
SAEIT pillar skills matrix:
Range of Impact:
- Experience engaging business and technology stakeholders at all levels to gather long term goals and requirements;
- Experience mapping long term business requirements to security architecture frameworks such as The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), Sherwood Applied Business Security Architecture (SABSA), Zachman etc.;
- Understanding of how to design and build security technology solutions aligned to a global central service environment;
- Understanding of security technology at an enterprise and solution level;
- Hands on engineering experience with enterprise security technology;
- Experience contributing to a central technology service organization;
- Navigating a matrix organization; and
- Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders across functional and technical skillsets.
- Work with NIS service adoption and operations to guarantee that security technology solutions are ready for global use.
- A Senior Manager Level employee possesses deep understanding of project management functions applied in the support of and integration with key business and strategic priorities. The employee will contribute new intellectual capital through deep knowledge and direct professional experience in a subject matter area and/or technical domain within Security Transformation. The candidate should possess the ability to translate pillar strategy by leading and/or managing others and performing work with significant independence, and will be influential both internally and externally through building and leading a large team or multi-phased project, or multiple teams or projects, within Security Transformation.
- Possesses a proven track record of success in managing efforts within the Security Transformation space.
- Building and maintaining large-scale and multi-faceted programs while supervising teams to execute against overall strategy.
- Build & maintain relationships across the network of firms to effectively deliver Security Transformation activities on behalf of NIS.
- Executes tasks aligned to Security Transformation with autonomy.
- Engaging with security architecture & engineering teams from project inception to understand goals & create project plans
- Identify project phases & develop end to end delivery lifecycle
- Execute delivery of enterprise security technology
- Project management of implementation of core security technologies
- Maintenance & updates to project plans
- Responsible for reporting at team & leadership level on project status, execution of project based on cost, service level & performance
- Contributes to developing and distributing internal project communications, and participates in the development and review of Firmwide project communications
- Identifies areas of change management and suggests innovative ways to address
- Involved in preparing reports and presentations at the project and executive levels
- As part of a team, works with leaders/owners of the process or service to be knowledgeable of current practices and identify areas for improvement
- Facilitates collaboration among team leads on a project to address project issues and execution
An effective SAEIT candidate will also possess the following skills:
- Analytical: Inquisitive nature and intuition regarding what questions to ask, when, and their relative significance.
- Technical: Broad understanding of enterprise technology & how to design & build a range of security tools
- Business: High level understanding of PwC's business model, service offerings, and business operating environment as it pertains to the firm's threat landscape. Ability to frame threats and exposures in a business context recognized by non-technical staff and executives.
- Threat landscape: Knowledge of how attack techniques are used in enterprise intrusions to gain entry, gain privilege, and ultimately accomplish a nefarious objective against a victim organization.
- Communication: High level verbal and written communication skills vital to informing, persuading, and teaching stakeholders to enable effective response
- Delivery. Ability to define the conceptual and execute within a real world business environment.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them. The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity