Proposition Designer, Market Gravity, Deloitte Digital, London
Market Gravity is a specialist growth, innovation and proposition design consultancy owned by Deloitte.
We work with the world's leading companies to design innovative new services in an entrepreneurial way. We work in small, agile teams with our clients, we identify new business opportunities, get under the skin of customers, design new propositions, build rapid prototypes and create the plan to take new services to market, ready for fast growth. At Market Gravity, we combine commercial consulting, customer research and design and prototyping skills under one roof. It's a little different from a conventional management consultancy or creative agency; we combine the best of both. As we continue to grow we want to add more excellent people to our team, people who are motivated to work with big brands to help them achieve their growth ambitions by designing, prototyping, and launching new and exciting propositions for their customers. If that sounds like what you want to do - read on. Your role
In a nutshell
As a consultant at Market Gravity, you will form the backbone of our projects and be proactive, resourceful and collaborative in creating high-quality work. You will work in cross-functional, joint teams with clients to create clear, well-designed outputs.
What you will do
- Get involved in all aspects of proposition design from initial insight and idea generation, through proposition and customer experience definition, to planning and launching ventures
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
- Work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment with your Market Gravity team mates and client team
- Find ways to actively contribute to the growth of Market Gravity, for example, sharing your expertise through training, supporting marketing activity and other profile raising activities
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
The job will be based in London Waterloo, in offices that we have designed specifically to inspire us and our clients and provide an open and functional working environment. Whilst we are based in London, team members can expect to travel to work on-site with clients, nationally and internationally
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time. Your professional experience
We look for skills across three dimensions, technical skill, leadership and entrepreneurialism.
- You have some experience across different parts the proposition design toolkit - customer interviews, market and trend analysis, idea generation, creating propositions, building commercial models, prototyping, customer experience design
- You probably have some consulting experience, although this isn't essential, you are likely to have experience facilitating workshops, presenting to senior stakeholders and running meetings
- You are a creative problem solver and structured thinker, and comfortable with a hypothesis driven approach
- You are comfortable in fast-paced, collaborative environments and can be flexible and adaptable in your approach when needed
- You have excellent communication skills and you're a natural storyteller - you know how to structure information in a compelling way
- You seek out and develop relationships with existing and future clients, on and off project
Your service line: Consulting
- We live by our values and hope they have meaning for you too: Go together, bring energy, challenge hard and take ownership
- You are resourceful and find practical solutions to problems. You aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- You likely have some entrepreneurial experience, working with start-ups or ventures, or maybe you've run your own business
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 176199