Python Quant Developer - Systematic Trading Hedge Fund
posted on 15 March 2019 in: ○ London ○ Permanent Salary:
£75,000-£100,000 base + 50% bonus Experience:
1-20 years Job Summary:
This is a Software Quant Developer position, part of my client's Quantitative Strategies business. You'll be working with quant and machine learning researchers to implement systematic trading models. You are expected to build, enhance and support research and trading tools. You must have a demonstrative ability in analysing technical and business problems and making intelligent technical decisions. This is a Python role, involving design, programming and testing, but they are open to C++ and Java developers keen to cross-train. Job Description: Client
A systematic hedge fund, my client creates complex model strategies that are traded systematically, globally. This is not your standard prop-trading house; technology underpins every aspect of the business and is integral to the firm's DNA. They are a fun and enthusiastic community of tech-geeks, Sci-Fi fans, football and extreme sports nuts, and foodies; who enjoy working in a non-hierarchal, professional environment that combines the best cultural elements from Silicon Valley Startups and HFT firms. The Person
You are expected to build, enhance and support research and trading tools. You must have a demonstrative ability in analysing technical and business problems and make intelligent technical decisions. This is a Python role, involving design, programming and testing. Experience in C++ and Java (to face off to the execution piece) is also beneficial. Skills and Experience Required
Benefits & Incentives
- Exceptional programming skills in Python (preferred) or an OO language from a technically elite background, for example - but not limited to - Hedge Funds/HFT/Prop Trading firms, Investment Banks, Tech Giants, Startups.
- Experience in OO design and strong data structures and algorithms.
- 2:1 degree (or equivalent) from a prestigious university in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or mathematical degree.
- No financial knowledge necessary.
- Six figure base salaries and lucrative hedge fund bonus.
- Excellent work-life balance. Not rigid, long working hours.
- Not traditional hedge fund tech secrecy - active contributions to Open Source, and proud of their own code. Also host events for PyData, Docker and Machine Learning and host Hackathons.
- Down-to-earth, progressive work culture - attempts to synthesise dynamic projects and remuneration of a fund with the comfortable environment of a Tech Giant.
If you feel you are a good match or interested in a general chat about the hedge fund market, please don't hesitate to get in touch: Richard Allan
+44 (0) 20 3137 9574 Reference:
LHA - Richard