The Exane group is one of the leading independent financial market players in Europe and is active in three core businesses: Cash Equities, Derivatives and Asset Management.
Since 2004, the Cash Equities business has been underpinned by an operational partnership with BNP Paribas: Exane has
exclusivity on European equities and operates under the brand Exane BNP Paribas. With around 50 professionals in Sales Trading & Trading and 50 in Quant and Execution Technology, Exane BNP Paribas is one of the fastest growing pan-European execution franchises for institutional clients.
Exane BNP Paribas offers a top class execution product range including cutting edge electronic trading algorithms, facilitation, high touch trading, program trading and ETFs. On the advisory side, Exane BNP Paribas’s 100 analysts cover over 600 stocks and are ranked 1st in Europe in the 2019, 2018 and 2017 Extel Survey. Exane BNP Paribas has offices in Frankfurt, Geneva, London, Madrid, Milan, New York, Paris and Stockholm.
The main duties of the role consist of, but are not limited to:
• Testing of the Cash Equity Execution applications across various business streams such as High Touch, Low Touch, Order management systems, Algo trading and market gateways
• Manual Testing applications and functionality in isolation and also front-to-back workflow testing
• A strong focus on automation and working with BA’s and developers to design test cases.
• Working closely with the Front Office developers and support teams on a day-to-day basis
• Release preparation alongside PM’s, Developers and Support Manager’s to meet tight business deadlines
• Tracking of QA Jiras and the QA task list.
• Proactively manage the testing and raise issues quickly to the IT team (BA/DEV) and users.
• Experience of Trade lifecycle management and aware of trading risks and dependencies
• Prior experience of working with Front Office
• Basic scripting and SQL knowledge (Unix/Linux/Shell/Perl/Python)
• Knowledge of FIX protocol is an advantage
• Prior experience of working with internal IT development teams and with third party vendors such as ULLINK or Fidessa
Is This You?
• Educated at graduate level or above from a leading university or business school.
• Strong initiative, ability to work in a team, with a good sense of organisational skills.
• Personable, confident, strong communication skills & attention to detail
• Good Analytical Skills