- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Quant DeveloperAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Standard Chartered bank is hiring Haskell developers for Strats roles at all levels. We're now always hiring; if you have demonstrated typed functional programming experience (Haskell preferred, but OCaml or F# experience will be considered too), and if you are interested in a position in New York, London, Singapore, or Hong Kong, please consider applying.
We now have 40+ strats working in very diverse financial market projects within corporate and institutional banking. Some of our projects are client-facing GUIs, others are server-side request handlers or reporting tools, and we also do a significant amount of devops. We don't hire specifically for a particular role; we find an available project that matches each individual's preferences, and adapt as we go along. We use Haskell (or our in-house variant, Mu) for practically everything we do.
Since we hire at all levels we don't have a fixed set of requirements, but we expect solid computer science knowledge and demonstrated typed functional experience at all levels. No finance knowledge is required. At more senior levels you'll also be responsible for architecture design, project management, and project/team leadership. We value diversity: we have strats with no university degree and strats with PhD + 20 years industrial experience, coming from over 20 different countries, of all age groups.
The role requires physical presence at our offices for most of the time; remote work is not an option. In most cases we offer a relocation allowance if moving from abroad, training and mentoring (internally and externally), and the bank has a comprehensive flexible working policy; inquire if you'd like to know more details.
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
Our Ideal Candidate
- Haskell programming experience
- Solid computer science knowledge (algorithms, data structures, complexity, concurrency / parallelism)
- Communication and team-work
- Project Management
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.