Top tier Hedge Fund is seeking an experienced Rates/Macro Desk Analyst to join a pod in London.
Supporting a Portfolio Manager, the Desk Analyst will directly contribute to risk-taking activities including trade idea generation, monitoring markets and building constructive tools & models.
- Track market developments and economic activity to manage risk and identify investment opportunities
- Enhance the execution process, constantly improving efficiency
- Build quantitative/statistical models and tools
- Work alongside the quant research team to provide analytics and ad-hoc data driven projects to assist the Portfolio Manager
Skills & experience required:
- Educated at a top tier university (ideally to MSc level) in a quantitative driven subject
- Prior work experience of 1-5 years in a closely related field such as trading, market-making, strategy or as a junior/assistant PM
- Fixed Income / Rates product knowledge is essential.
- Extensive experience with an advanced programming language, Python being highly desirable