Reporting & Analytics Consultant, Finance, Consulting, London
Your opportunity Extend your technical and advisory skills delivering total solutions to an outstanding client base.
Want to work with business leaders, and alongside some of the most creative thinkers in industry? Can you develop and deliver innovative and core technology solutions that transform the digital enterprise and maximise ROI? From strategy articulation and process design to technology enablement, we work together to simplify the complex; creating tangible value for our clients.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
There is a new opportunity for a Consultant or Senior Consultant to join and help develop our Enterprise and Finance practice, specifically focusing on Business Reporting and Analytics, based on best in class solutions like Business Warehouse, Oracle Analytics Platform, Oracle BI, Tagetik etc. This represents a unique opportunity to develop your career in Consulting within an established Big 4 consulting firm. You will have the chance to develop your expertise in EPM as well as in the delivery and implementation of large scale technology solutions as you work on a range of projects in cross-functional teams.
You will have responsibility for:
Your work, your choice
- advising on good practice and processes in Business Reporting in order to improve the visibility, accuracy and timeliness during the reporting cycle
- demonstrating knowledge of client decision-making and support processes and key client business drivers
- designing and configuring EPM applications such as Oracle Analytics platform, Oracle BI, Tagetik in order to deliver a solution that best accommodates the Clients requirements as stated;
- advising on the solution options available to accommodate the Clients requirements and the advantages and disadvantages relating to those options;
- problem solving to identify and action appropriate remedies for technical errors associated with EPM applications and related components;
- understanding industry context
- supporting client requirements gathering/analysis workshops;
- taking responsibility for planning, scoping, managing and creating deliverables as part of a larger project team;
- managing small teams on projects to deliver tasks, including providing guidance and feedback to junior team members;
- establishing effective working relationships with peer-level clients as part of project delivery roles;
- assisting in the development of client bids.
- Undertaking practice development activities including contributing to thought leadership pieces, running industry events, delivering training or managing team communications.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. Your professional experience
- Good working knowledge of Business Reporting disciplines for both Management and Statutory reporting
- Ability to translate business requirements to robust logical data models and KPI catalogues
- Relevant experience working in a financial discipline within management consulting OR relevant experience working in industry in financial / commercial roles.
- Hands on experience of at least one full implementation lifecycle of Reporting and Analytic tools such as Qlik, Power BI, Tableau, SAP Analytics, Oracle Analytics/Oracle BI or other leading Analytical tools;
- Ability to translate technical information to non-technical individuals is essential, as well as the ability to present this to a range of audiences in a clear, concise, appropriate manner;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Consistently high quality personal and professional standards;
- Advanced MS Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel and stay away from home up to five days a week.
Additional desirable experience includes:
Your service line: Consulting
- Knowledge of data modelling challenges such as data harmonisation, time dependency, master data management, currency handling
- Qualified/Part Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA;
- Technical certification on any of the technologies mentioned above;
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 169421