(Returners Programme) Senior Business Analyst
End Date Salary Range We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options Job Description Summary
Are you looking to reignite your career?
If you've taken a career break for at least two years then you're eligible to apply to our award-winning Returners Programme at Lloyds Banking Group.
We're in the middle of a huge transformation to realise our ambition of being the best bank for customers whilst also building the bank of the future.
If successful we'd put you through a 16 week programme, designed to re-integrate you back into your career and restore the skills and value you possess. After the programme we'd then look to the possibility of your securing a permanent role with us.
We're re-imagining a large number of customer journeys such as "help me to buy a home" with similar programmes of work across four main areas in Retail & Community Banking, Insurance & Wealth, Commercial and Enterprise.
We've also embraced Agile Scrum and DevOps practices - rapidly developing/testing/releasing products and services in Labs that we believe will benefit customers and our business.
Our Senior Business Analysts make this possible, perhaps you could join them?
Job Description What's involved?
We'd love to see a number of the below aspects in your background:
- You'll support the Lab Product Owner (PO) to understand business problems, critically evaluating business ideas from a customer and a commercial point of view.
- You'd be using your BA and process design skills to identify business needs, analyse and shape requirements and support the testing and implementation of agreed solutions.
- You'd then support the PO to ensure Labs and Teams make the right choices to ensure investment in the right solution focusing on the value to both customer and business.
- You'll build up subject matter knowledge (business and domain) and then learn to understand and influence the Lab strategy as well as the business objectives aligned to it.
- And you'll drive the development and maintenance of the business architecture artefacts document changes to the operating model/customer journeys/colleague processes.
So what do we want to see in your style?
- You'll hopefully have a solid understanding of business analysis and architecture methodologies and techniques.
- You'll ideally know how to develop, define & document 'As Is' & 'To Be' process models, ideally with data definitions.
- You should have had exposure to a range of different disciplines such as Operating Model, Process Design, Architecture and Technology, ideally able to validate designs and solutions.
- Any exposure to systems thinking, business architecture and agile change delivery used to influence and drive consistent ways of working would be high on our desirable list.
- Similarly an understanding of banking operating model and process frameworks with techniques to analyse and improve them (e.g. Lean, six sigma etc.) would be useful.
- Familiarity with behaviour and test driven development along with producing supporting Acceptance Criteria would also be very advantageous.
Firstly you're big on collaborating, quick to establish and build communities of meaningful relationships with a key players in the Lab and wider.
These relationships you naturally nurture to ensure your diverse group of internal customers are comfortable their needs are being represented.
You'll also have a gift for clear communication to deliver consistent messages across your area of influence - negotiating effectively to ensure collective agreement.
And you'll need to be an effective decision-maker - using your analytical thinking and problem solving abilities to arrive at customer-centric decisions. What we'll give you in return
We'll help you get up to speed quickly within a supportive environment.
And we'll provide you with challenges that make a difference to real lives, along with the opportunity to work alongside committed people caring about innovating for our customers.
That's why our Returners Programme backs up our dedication to providing genuine equal opportunity and we'd also happily talk about working patterns outside the standard 9-5.
We'll also give you a fixed term contract with a regular salary and access to wider benefits.
So if you're ready to dust off those hard-won BA skills then apply today and see where the programme will take you...we'd love to hear from you. At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.