Risk & Control Cloud Lead
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Nov 18
See job description for details
Join NatWest Markets in London as a Risk & Control Cloud Lead
- This role will see you supporting the Technology Infrastructure Modernisation programme, ensuring that NatWest Markets migrate to the cloud in a controlled and safe manner
- You'll be at the forefront of modernising NatWest Markets Technology, and you'll gain valuable exposure to a wide range of stakeholders
- This role is available at vice president level
What you'll do
We'll look to you to provide oversight and credible challenge to Technology senior management and their teams regarding the Technology Infrastructure Modernisation programme's impact on the risk and control environment. You'll also ensure the impact of the changes on the operational control environment is managed, and that associated risks are mitigated.
As well as this, you'll:
- Ensure risk practices and behaviours are consistent with the bank's target risk culture
- Capture actions to improve risk mitigation where control gaps or other risk appetite breaches are found
- Provide advice to the business on risk management, and provide senior executives with relevant MI and reports, escalating concerns where appropriate
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a good working knowledge of the regulatory environment pertaining to large, complex financial service organisations. You'll also need a broad understanding of risk management disciplines within financial services.
Along with an in-depth understanding of the operational risk framework and its implications, you'll have the ability to articulate a clear and concise operational risk opinion, taking into consideration different stakeholder audiences.
You'll also demonstrate:
- A proven track record of first line of defence technology infrastructure delivery, and in particular third party Cloud IaaS and SaaS services
- A strong technology risk and controls background
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Effective communication, team working and organisation skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.