SQL Server Developer (Associate)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- 17 May 19
We are a global team responsible for the primary Structured and Structured Trading platform for interest rate and credit derivatives. It is also Nomura's main Trade and Risk Management platform in Fixed Income incorporating a full cross-asset front-to-back global platform with infrastructure spanning deal capture, pricing, market data capture and management, desk valuations, official books and records, EOD batches and all downstream reporting to back office.
SQL Server and Microsoft Business Intelligence Developer required for a Fixed Income Trading and Risk platform. This will utilise your design skills and a proven ability to turn high level specifications into high quality solutions in tight deadlines. You will be mentoring other team members, working with sales, traders, middle office and support teams on requirements and developing end-to-end solutions.
As part of a small specialised group, we are responsible for the globally replicated instances of the SQL Server 2014 database and its associated security, data and infrastructure.
The role is varied and includes full system design life-cycle. This includes advanced query design, database performance changes and code optimisation. Designing and implementing new database objects to store the application's data you will be working with front office, middle office and other application developers to create innovative solutions. Implementing additional unit testing, automated Agent jobs and SSRS reports are frequent requirements. We have a multi-terabyte database globally replicated across 8 locations with multiple additional development environments. We operate a hybrid DevOps/Change Management controlled development model utilising Scrum methodology. In addition we have a significant Python codebase that we are keen to expand and maintain.
Skills qualifications and knowledge required
- Significant experience with Microsoft Transact-SQL, versions 2014 and upwards preferred.
- Experience with Business Intelligence objects; specifically SSRS.
- Advanced UDF, stored procedure and CLR writing combined with optimisation and performance tuning.
- Ability to document and maintain the configuration of SQL Server databases and middleware systems
- Relational database design and best practice. Clear ability to diagnose and troubleshoot system problems.
- Enthusiastic about new techniques, quality and technology in general.
- Auxiliary development tools: SVN/Git repositories, TeamCity and T-SQLT unit test framework
- Previous experience with SQL Server transactional replication.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Service broker
- Familiarity with Python 2.7 or 3.0.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income asset classes.
- Agile practices: Scrum, Kanban