Bloomberg's Legal and Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex issues that come with being the world's leading financial news and information company. Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The global Compliance team within the Legal and Compliance Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current / developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators.
We are seeking a mid-level Compliance Officer with relevant sanctions experience and familiarity with OFAC / EU / UK sanctions regimes. Responsibilities will include providing support on matters related to prevention of sanctions violations globally, with particular focus on sanctioned securities, issuers of sanctioned securities, funds, emerging sanctions risk, and real time support to all of Bloomberg's businesses globally on sanctions questions. This role will report to the Global Head of Sanctions and Anti-Bribery / Anti-Corruption and will be based in London. We'll Trust You To:
You'll Need To Have:
- Have a deep understanding of US / OFAC sanctions as well as a working knowledge of UK and EU sanctions regimes and willing to continuously learn more about such programs
- Understand sanctions risk and oversee, direct, and, to the degree necessary, conduct due diligence on business partners and analyse sanctions risk based on ownership structures and controlling parties of business partners
- Provide timely advice to various businesses globally on sanctions risks, including exemptions to sanctions
- Provide timely analysis on recently announced OFAC / EU / UK sanctions and how they affect Bloomberg's businesses globally
- File necessary reports with OFAC and other sanctions authorities as appropriate
- Help conduct periodic risk assessments of various businesses globally and partner with various Legal and Compliance stakeholders as well as other partners
- Assist in creating sanctions compliance training and conduct in-person, tailored training to various businesses
- Review daily sanctions alerts and resolve or escalate cases as appropriate
- Develop and update policies and procedures related to sanctions
We'd Love To See:
- Minimum of 3 years* of sanctions experience in a bank, broker dealer, banking regulator or consulting firm providing services to the financial industry *Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
- Familiarity with OFAC sanctions programs, including Sectoral Sanctions
- Attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to produce concise reports (due diligence, investigations) and present findings to various stakeholders in a timely fashion
Does this sound like you?
- Strong ability to understand and navigate a complex technological and operational environment
- An interest in international relations / world events and their applicability to financial crimes
- Familiarity with EU and UK sanctions
- Broad knowledge of various asset classes of securities
- Foreign language skills, international educational or work experience
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org