Senior Auditor, Model Risk Expert
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Nov 18
See job description for details
Join us as a Senior Auditor in London, concentrating on Model Risk
- You'll deliver audit engagements and opinions which successfully influence business managers to manage risk prudently within their risk appetite
- You'll act as an ambassador for Internal Audit, demonstrating professional behaviours and helping to build on the function's reputation for integrity, providing independent assurance
- It's an opportunity to make a tangible difference to the bank's future, while gaining invaluable experience in a large and complex organisation, and working alongside well-respected industry figures
What you'll do
While the initial focus of your role will be on credit related modelling - covering internal rating based, IFRS 9, and related stress testing modelling - you can expect opportunities to work across a broad range of modelling activity as priorities change. You'll contribute to independent engagement assurance by undertaking tasks within the engagement life cycle, providing quality, efficient and effective assurance, and influencing business managers to improve controls. This role will give you the opportunity to continue building your capability and modelling expertise, and maximising its use to provide assurance.
You'll succeed in this role by:
- Delivering elements of regular or complex models related engagements on time and to budget, assessing risks and controls and undertaking testing effectively
- Contributing to assurance planning and undertaking effective process mapping
- Helping to continuously monitor risk by analysing MI and reviewing risk information under the direction of the Audit Manager or Senior Model Risk Expert
- Stepping up to lead engagements when necessary, driving the delivery of efficient and effective assurance, effectively managing work and resources, and setting standards of excellence
- Effectively training and coaching junior auditors, supporting them to realise their potential on the engagement
- Leading the production of high quality written reports which detail any issues identified
- Contributing to managing the discussion with key business stakeholders, leading to final issue acceptance and remediation
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a strong, established auditor with extensive audit experience, and a clear interest in and understanding of financial markets, instruments, valuation or risk. You'll compliment this with excellent quantitative understanding and skills developed through a PhD in a quantitative discipline or research experience, and honed through relevant work experience.
We'll also be looking for:
- A working knowledge and understanding of mathematical finance, econometrics or mathematical statistics, and its application in valuation or risk management for at least one asset class or risk type
- Understanding of risk management techniques, and current and emerging issues and developments for at least one asset class or risk type
- An awareness of the regulatory requirements and developments relating to models, and knowledge of the risks associated with their use
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to assess and prioritise data effectively, quickly establishing what's important
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing; clear and concise, and comfortable managing relationships with senior stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and strong project and time management skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.