Senior Behavioural Data Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 May 19
Senior Behavioural Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer
I TV Online operates the award winning ITV Hub, one of the UK's leading VOD platforms with over 27m registered users. We also operate a range of other programme apps and websites. We deliver the most popular television from the UK's largest commercial broadcaster online with a focus on the user experience. We're all about pushing the boundaries and being innovative.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our rapidly growing team within ITV Technology. Our strategy is to continue to grow our successful Data Engineering capability, as we understand its significance and importance to our business and to the experience of millions of customers every day
The role is based in our Gray's Inn Road office in London.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software engineering with experience of large scale data processing systems. The role will focus on designing, building, and running data handling systems across ITV.
Working within the Data Engineering team you will:
- Work with stakeholders to understand their problems, and build solutions using cloud services and custom development
- Build large scale data processing systems using cutting edge technologies
- Work with huge datasets and very high volumes of data from our various apps and sites
- Be a part of cross-functional product teams and contribute to their strategy and direction
- Practice and demonstrate high-quality software engineering methods
- Solve challenging business and engineering problems
- Promote enhanced ways of working within the team and across the company
- Maintain high data quality standards through automated testing
- Support running systems in production
- Champion new products and technologies
What You'll Bring
- Significant experience of Java development
- A good understanding of Agile software engineering principles
- Experience working with public cloud services - GCP, AWS, etc
- Exposure to streaming data processing tools, eg Dataflow, Spark, Storm etc
- A basic understanding of data analysis
- Familiarity with Unix based operating systems and common command line tools
- Experience running production systems at large scale
- A desire to learn new things and share with the team
We offer a competitive salary and 5 weeks' holiday on top of public holidays, plus the option to buy more. Other benefits include an annual bonus plan, flexible working, life assurance cover, and interest-free season-ticket loans, an opportunity to buy ITV shares, and the chance to join pension, health insurance, and cycle to work schemes.
We continually invest in our staff and offer a range of in-house training, external courses and attendance at conferences and events.
ITV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
"ITV, where creativity, diversity and collaboration put us right at the heart of popular culture."
For more information check out….. www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/diversity-and-inclusion/