Senior Consultant, Life Insurance, Technology Enabled Transformation
Do you want to engage your mind? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
We're looking for Senior Consultants to join our Life Insurance team due to the tremendous growth.
As part of the Financial Services Advisory team, you'll work with global companies combining your technical expertise, proven consulting skills and industry knowledge to help solve their most complex issues.
Your key responsibilities
- As a Firm we are on a journey to double the size of our business by 2020. Growing our advisory business is critical to achieving this and consequently we are placing significant investment in growing this part of our Firm
- This investment has led to significant growth in our UK Insurance business in recent years and we see significant market opportunities that will enable us to grow further, a key enabler for which is building our team
- Much of this is driven by business transformation work but we are also looking to maintain a presence in smaller strategic, advisory work
- We are in the middle of major, truly transformational work at several UK, European and Global clients, and our pipeline is equally strong
Typically you would be working as part of an engagement team whose remit is to effect business transformation.
Roles vary from engagement to engagement, but are likely to include business analysis, Solution architecture, target operating model design, vendor package selection, implementation management & project management.
In your role as a Senior Consultant you will have responsibility for:
- Working effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
- Good stakeholder management of senior client personnel
- Assisting in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Developing and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Building strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services
- Assisting in the execution and day to day leadership of a portfolio of client projects
- Monitoring and manage client engagement budgets
As part of the Life Technology Enabled Transformation team, you will be involved in:
Skills and attributes for success
- Ensuring that all Requirement Deliverables are delivered on time to high quality
- Managing the requirement team in their activities including Workshop execution, Requirements gathering, User Story Elaboration, Storyboarding, end to end scenarios, etc.
- Planning and Estimating - pro-actively estimate, plan, monitor and re-plan resource and activities taking into account agreed financial and time constraints and quality/project objectives
- Understanding of Requirement Management in Package Enabled Transformation
- Ensure that appropriate traceability is defined, implemented and maintained
- Quality Reviews - oversee the implementation of quality review activities within the requirement team in order to ensure the quality of the deliverables produced.
- Identify, capture, resolve or escalate risks, issues and assumptions
To qualify for the role you must have
- Ambition to build / develop a career in EY and our Insurance Advisory team
- Strong interest and commitment to developing and delivering leading edge solutions
- Show potential to develop strong client relationships
- Intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality output against stated project objectives and meet tight deadlines
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions, and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to develop impactful written presentations and participate effectively in meetings with senior clients
- Team player who openly supports, encourages and shares knowledge with colleagues
- Ability to work under limited supervision ('self starter') in unstructured environments
- Excellent graduate level education
- A first level university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above
- Successful track record in Life, Pensions or Asset Management, gained through working for a Provider directly, a top tier consultancy, a specialist financial services consultancy, a top tier System Integrator or and/or an Outsource provider
- Strong understanding of one or more insurance product area: Life Assurance, Pensions, Investments
- Good appreciation of current market trends and how these are likely to impact key industry players
- Strong understanding of the Life & Pension value chain (from distribution, customer management, manufacturing, reinsurance through to administration - servicing, underwriting claims & maturity)
- Track record of successful delivery on large scale technology delivery projects for insurance companies, including Data Migration
Technical skills and experience:
Ideally, you'll also have
- Solution architecture
- Data architecture
- Integration architecture
- Data Migration
- Functional and Non Functional Requirements
- Large scale programme delivery (agile & waterfall)
- Life and Pensions Administration systems (Legacy and/or modern)
- Process Automation, BPM and Digital Platforms, e.g. Pega, Mobile, Portals
- IT Strategy
What we look for
- Ability to work with a team and assist them during various phases of development cycle.
- Ability to understand and respond to project and customer needs, while working under tight deadlines.
What working at EY offers
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. Join us in building a better working world