Senior Consultant, Procurement Technology, Enterprise Technology and Performance, London or Regional
Your opportunity What impact will you make?
If you're looking for a high impact role helping major organisations achieve their goals through transforming how they do sourcing and procurement, then this is the role for you.
Our Procurement team work with high profile clients across all major industry sectors. Clients turn to us to help them unlock the potential of their procurement function. To transform the way that they engage and innovate. To work side by side with them in applying leading practice and implementing digital procurement solutions. To optimise their sourcing, procurement and commercial capability. We deliver impact and value not only through inspiring organisations with next generation approaches but also helping them to deliver these and achieve the results.
As a Senior Consultant in our Procurement team, specializing in Procurement Technology, you will benefit from exposure to client-facing projects early on and receive structured training to help develop your technical and consulting skills. You will broaden your skill set and develop quickly, working on complex, transformational projects across a range of clients.
Want to work with business leaders, and alongside some of the most creative thinkers in industry? Can you develop and deliver innovative and core technology solutions that transform the digital enterprise and maximise ROI? From strategy articulation and process design to technology enablement, we work together to simplify the complex; creating tangible value for our clients.
Enterprise Technology & Performance
Want to work with business leaders, and alongside some of the most creative thinkers in industry? Can you develop and deliver innovative and core technology solutions that transform the digital enterprise and maximise ROI? From strategy articulation and process design to technology enablement, we work together to simplify the complex; creating tangible value for our clients. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
Your role will include:
Your work, your choice
- Primarily focusing on client-facing projects as part of a team providing strategy and operations consulting to major clients, with a specific focus on sourcing and procurement with a specific focus on sourcing and procurement technology
- Being a part of a team that delivers the strategy, design, implementation and deployment of procurement technology solutions, in particular SAP Ariba and Coupa
- Playing a key role on projects working directly with clients to deliver their objectives and solve complex problems; leading and managing a workstream within a project and owning the creation of high quality deliverables; analysing and interpreting data; delivering engaging and interactive workshops; and gaining commitment from key stakeholders
- Delivering activities on time, within budget and to an exceptional standard of quality, tailored to fulfil client expectations
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Delivering multiple pieces of work in parallel, both client facing and internal
- Actively participating in and contributing to the success of the practice
- Proactively driving your own development through access to on the job coaching and an array of training options
- Supporting development of the Deloitte business, brand and reputation
- Able to work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
London with occasional domestic and international travel
This is a permanent opportunity.
The role can be worked on full time basis.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
- Haverelevant practical experience in some of the following areas of Sourcing andProcurement: digital procurement, procurement transformation, strategicsourcing and cost reduction, supplier innovation and performance improvement
- Haveend to end design and implementation experience in at least one procurementtechnology application, preferably SAP Ariba or Coupa though experience inOracle, iValua, Emptoris and other niche providers is welcome where theexperience is rich
- Beable to build and sustain trusted internal and external relationships
- Beable to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with differentaudiences
- Beable to analyse complex datasets and distil key insights
- Havethe ability to think creatively to solve client issues
- Demonstrateexcellent skills in Microsoft Excel, data manipulation and visualisation,PowerPoint and report writing skills
- Excellentinterpersonal and people skills, with the ability to work in diverse teams witha diverse range of people
- Experiencedin effective project managemen
- Havethe ability to lead and manage a small team or workstream within a project andto delegate tasks effectively and quality assure outputs
- Anunderstanding of risk, how to mitigate risk and protect the firm's reputation
- A"can do" attitude with a real willingness to learn and participate
- Enthusiasmand passion for the delivery of market leading solutions that make a difference
Yourservice line: Consulting
- Advancedanalytical capabilities and experience in supply chain modelling, visualisationand simulation tools (e.g. Tableau, QlikView)
- Sectorspecific experience or previous consulting experience
- CharteredInstitute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or similar professional qualificationor equivalent
Our people and the way we work are the twothings that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration isfundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth ofexpertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage ofevery project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge,creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely onus to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to theirbusiness.
About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
Tomake an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defineswho we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for ourstrategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professionalservices: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The firstchoice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice forthe best talent. What do we do?
Deloitteoffers global integrated professional services that include Audit &Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting.Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight,consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technologyrevolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excelanywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North andSouth Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network.Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, theNetherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden),Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities inaudit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax andlegal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration tobe the undisputed leader in professional services and will create moreopportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
AtDeloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals canproduce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and agenuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, withrespect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile workingarrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutiveyear, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last fouryears. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Culturalfit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always setthe example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people andtake an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside andoutside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities todevelop them while showing respect and appreciation.
Weexpect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and ourleadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are mostimportant for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact thatmatters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our LeadershipCharter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model,embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising othersfor the impact they make
- Wedevelop talent: we develop high-performing people and teamsthrough challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Wedrive performance: we deliver exceptional clientservice; maximise results and drive high performance from people whilefostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Webelieve positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example andestablishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Wemove, together, towards a strategic direction: we understandkey objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives andsetting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 166233