Senior Consultant, SAP Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC), Technology Consultant, London
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
If you want to develop a portfolio of skills in a high growth, cutting edge technology consulting practice across a fantastic range of transformational clients, the Deloitte Analytics & Information management (AIM) team could be the perfect home for you. The SAP Enterprise Performance Management team, a core AIM function, is client centric and gives passionate practitioners the opportunity to leverage your existing experience, and develop new skills to contribute to some challenging and complex technology programmes. Role description
The SAP EPM team is focused on developing and delivering services to support the finance functions to help drive business decision making and performance in UK & global organisations across the private and public sectors. Our roles include:
- Working with clients to develop their performance management framework (e.g. KPI frameworks & scorecards, Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting, Reporting & Analytics), particularly in the context of significant business change, regulatory initiatives or as part of Finance Transformation programmes.
- Understanding and articulating the wider financial information requirements of businesses to give them the flexibility to meet future business planning and reporting requirement
- Design leading practice management information solutions
- Designing the wider solution to support the financial performance management agenda including the required operating model (e.g. Centres of Excellence), governance, skills and systems.
You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully; there may be some opportunity for working from home depending on client demands Hours
This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements, that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. Responsibilities
You will have responsibility for:
- Planning, scoping, managing and creating deliverables as part of a larger project team.
- Managing small teams on projects to deliver tasks, including providing guidance and feedback to junior team members.
- Establishing effective working relationships with peer-level clients as part of project delivery roles.
- Bringing expertise and experience to advise clients.
- Supporting the sales process by developing content for bids.
- Undertaking practice development activities including contributing to thought leadership pieces, running industry events, delivering training or managing team communications.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Requirements gathering and workshop facilitation skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Advanced MS Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Interest in managing small teams to deliver tasks
- Knowledge of the Consulting Sales Process
- Consistently high quality personal and professional standards.
- Ability to travel and stay away from home up to 5 days a weekÂ•
- Team work, collaboration, proactiveness
- Experience in delivering SAP BPC projects (Netweaver or Embedded versions)
- Relevant experience working in a financial discipline within management consulting OR relevant experience working in industry in financial / commercial roles.
- Core financial awareness including principles of Business Consolidation
- Technical expertise in SAP Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC),
You are here: Consulting
- Part- or fully-qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
- SAP Certification in SAP Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC)
- Evidence of external eminence - Speaking at external events/published external articles.
- Experience of BPC Solutions Architecture for 10.1, embedded or classic applications
- Business knowledge of Financial Consolidation process
- Business knowledge of Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting processes
- Business knowledge of Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting process
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
- Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the worldâ€™s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and itâ€™s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact
- We are committed to collaboration
- Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration â€" with our own networks and with our clients. Itâ€™s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our clientâ€™s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. Weâ€™re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
- We create long-term, sustainable impact
- We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, itâ€™s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
- We offer a number of different career pathways
- We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
Describe, in an engaging way, how this role will be able to make an impact that matters on clients, people and strategy.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways . We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families . How to apply
Email Dave Bennett on: Davbennett@deloitte.co.uk
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
Â© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 171904